Passion for coziness and a reverence for Dolly Parton sound like the perfect combo in an artist, and Caroline Z. Hurley boasts both of those things. Hurley was originally trained in painting at RISD, but her Greenpoint-based eponymous label (with a shop at 155 Freeman Street) produces textiles for the home using age-old, hands-on processes like block-printing, quilting, and weaving. Greenpointers had the pleasure of catching up with Caroline and hearing more about her artistic process, and how she managed to turn an “accident” into a full-fledged, sustainable manufacturing business. Continue reading
- Two Big Restaurants Have Expanded To North Brooklyn
- From Sold-Out Vendors to Cute Fur Friends and Toasty Warm Vibes, Our Holiday Market was a Candy Covered Hit!
- Brooklyn Holiday Toy Drive, December Babies Party, Christmas Sing-a-long, Deep Freeze Disco — What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (12/13–12/19)
- THIS THURSDAY (12/14): NAG Environmental Happy Hour!
- Review: The Emotional R&B Stylings of Autre Ne Veut at Elsewhere