Passion for coziness and a reverence for Dolly Parton sound like the perfect combo in an artist, and Caroline Z. Hurley boasts both of those things. Hurley was originally trained in painting at RISD, but her Greenpoint-based eponymous label (with a shop at 155 Freeman Street) produces textiles for the home using age-old, hands-on processes like block-printing, quilting, and weaving. Greenpointers had the pleasure of catching up with Caroline and hearing more about her artistic process, and how she managed to turn an “accident” into a full-fledged, sustainable manufacturing business. Continue reading
- An Art Heist, An Environmental Vision and Another Hit and Run — The Hook-Up (3/16)
- Dreampop Band Glass Valley Just Blessed Us with a New Video
- A Night of Japanese Bands at The Knitting Factory This Sunday (3/18)
- The Torch Must Be Passed: Allow Me To Introduce Your New Art Editor
- Hot News for the Summer: McCarren Park Getting Grills and Food Trucks!