If you don’t believe the magic, it’s likely that you will after spending any increment of social time with Olek. For the past twelve years, the magic she makes comes from the craft of crocheting. When I sit down with her in Greenpoint’s Lomzynianka Restaurant, I realize her magic has a deeper source—it’s rooted in her humble upbringing, in which everything around her was fair play as materials for creation. She hops off her bike, meets me at a table, and jumps right in after we order. Continue reading
- Greenpoint This Week: Hummer Crash, Graffiti Rash, Bazaar Liquidation, and More!
- Hateful, Pro Trump Graffiti Returns to Greenpoint Streets
- Brooklyn Bazaar Announces Liquidation Sale Ahead of Final Two Weeks
- Nail of the Day Opens on Franklin Street With Discounts Through the End of November
- Calling all Antique Fanatics: Go Behind the Scenes at the City Reliquary