If you don’t believe the magic, it’s likely that you will after spending any increment of social time with Olek. For the past twelve years, the magic she makes comes from the craft of crocheting. When I sit down with her in Greenpoint’s Lomzynianka Restaurant, I realize her magic has a deeper source—it’s rooted in her humble upbringing, in which everything around her was fair play as materials for creation. She hops off her bike, meets me at a table, and jumps right in after we order. Continue reading
- Greenpoint This Week: International Art Gallery, Greenpoint Landing Scandal, Bodega Stabbing, and More!
- Bat Signal to Light up Domino Sugar Factory For “Batman Day” (9/21)
- State Fines Developers for Their “Gifts” to Mayor Mayor De Blasio
- Greenpoint Landing Developers Broke State Law With de Blasio Donations
- International Gallery Plans Permanent Exhibition Space in Greenpoint