Of the dogs who stood in front of NYC Pet on Driggs Ave. on Saturday, a surprising number had both first and last names. There was a collie-shepherd named David Hasselhoff, a basset hound-boxer named Patrick Henry, and a Calhoun hound-pit bull named Faye Dunaway — in addition to a “super mellow” beagle mix, whose dirty blonde erudition and Germanic allure had apparently compelled a previous owner to name her Carole Lombard. Though some of the dogs were still considered puppies, most were at least twice the size of a shoebox, and all of them were hoping to find adopters, as part of the weekly-to-biweekly events organized by Badass Brooklyn Animal Rescue.
- Comment Period On Nuhart Plastics Cleanup Ends Soon
- Williamburg’s Kadampa Meditation Center Brings a Mindful Approach to Dealing with Anxiety (WED, 10/24)
- Soft Opening Brings New Greenery to Greenpoint
- Eckford Street Studio is partnering with Dandelion, Enid’s, and more to help raise money for their communal programs
- Preview our Boo!-tee-ful Samhain Fall Market Vendors and Meet Them IRL THIS SUNDAY (10/28)!