Of the dogs who stood in front of NYC Pet on Driggs Ave. on Saturday, a surprising number had both first and last names. There was a collie-shepherd named David Hasselhoff, a basset hound-boxer named Patrick Henry, and a Calhoun hound-pit bull named Faye Dunaway — in addition to a “super mellow” beagle mix, whose dirty blonde erudition and Germanic allure had apparently compelled a previous owner to name her Carole Lombard. Though some of the dogs were still considered puppies, most were at least twice the size of a shoebox, and all of them were hoping to find adopters, as part of the weekly-to-biweekly events organized by Badass Brooklyn Animal Rescue.
- Building (and Exploding) on the River — The Hook-up (8/17)
- Shots fired in Greenpoint Near 50 Cent, 6ix9ine Video Shoot
- Volunteer: Weed-O-Rama at Transmitter Park (8/18)
- Foodie Night Market, Public Paddle and Universal Love — What’s Happening, Greenpoint (8/15 – 8/21)
- Endless Summer: Free (or cheap) North Brooklyn Must-Dos