Of the dogs who stood in front of NYC Pet on Driggs Ave. on Saturday, a surprising number had both first and last names. There was a collie-shepherd named David Hasselhoff, a basset hound-boxer named Patrick Henry, and a Calhoun hound-pit bull named Faye Dunaway — in addition to a “super mellow” beagle mix, whose dirty blonde erudition and Germanic allure had apparently compelled a previous owner to name her Carole Lombard. Though some of the dogs were still considered puppies, most were at least twice the size of a shoebox, and all of them were hoping to find adopters, as part of the weekly-to-biweekly events organized by Badass Brooklyn Animal Rescue.
- Annual Good Friday Procession, “The Way of the Cross,” Returns to Greenpoint
- FOA Collective Brings Local Artists Together at New Home Goods Shop on Franklin Street
- Lloyd Kaufman Brings His Latest Cult Horror Movie to Film Noir Cinema
- L Train Non-Shutdown Starts 4/26
- P.S. 34 Elementary’s Eco-Fashion Show is Tonight (4/18)