WEDNESDAY 10/19 ☺ Stir Crazy Wednesdays @ Slick Willie (179 Meserole Ave) 8pm, FREE, A weekly comedy show hosted by Aldo Marachilian, More info * Final Presidential Debate @ The Diamond (43 Franklin St) 9pm, FREE, With free popcorn both to eat and to throw at the screen, More info
* Damn Good @ Triskelion Arts (106 Calyer St) 8pm, $16, A performance art series that brings together artists whose work resists categorization and invites experimentation, Buy tix
* Pat October @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave) 10pm, FREE, With Ani Klang / Adam Radakovich / Volvox / JD Samson / OLIVE T / Amber Valentine, RSVP * Dragnet Halloween @ The Metropolitan (559 Lorimer St) 11pm, FREE, With Maddelynn Hatter / Crystal Mesh / Zenobia / Merrie Cherry / Francesca, More info
[sponsored] Community Reiki With Erica Joy Dunn @ Narayana Integrative Center (191 Nassau Ave)
Saturday March 12, 3pm, $25–$50 suggested
Come and receive a healing Reiki treatment! During a Reiki treatment, positive energy flows, cleansing the body of built up toxins or pain. It soothes shock, calms the mind and emotions, and accelerates the body’s natural ability to heal itself while promoting a state of total relaxation and well-being. More info
WEDNESDAY 3/09 ☺ The Sensible Show @ Annoyance Theater (367 Bedford Ave) 7pm, $5, Standup showcase featuring Matt Koff, Naomi Ekperigin, and Ashley Brooke Roberts, More info ♫ Unknown Relatives @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave) 8pm, $6, With The Fucktons / The Dirty Blondes / The Casey Hopkins Duo, RSVP
THURSDAY 3/10 ^ Book Launch: Streetfight @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave) 7pm, FREE, Streetfight deconstructs how NYC’s former Director of Transportation Janette Sadik-Khan transformed the streets into dynamic spaces that are safe for pedestrians and bikers, More info ♫ Someguysenterprise Presents Play @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St) 9pm, $5, With Isis Swaby / Neuport / Jamar Jacobs / Steezytroburgers / DJ Noir, RSVP
Greenpointers Fall Market Greenpoint Loft (67 West St), Sunday (10/25) 1-7pm, FREE More info
We’re so excited to bring the beautiful Greenpoint Loft alive with our Foliage & Foragers–themed market! It will be a day filled with FREE activities, refreshments, epic local shopping, live music, and, most importantly, the wonderful people of Greenpoint. There will be spicy buttered rum, craft beer, face painting, henna tattoos, tarot cards, 50+ vendors, and more!! RSVP
WEDNESDAY 10/21 * Great Scott! Back to the Future 2@ The Chain Theater (21-28 45th Rd) 7pm, $15, Celebrate Back to the Future‘s 30th anniversary and the year Marty travels to the future with the Usual Rejects, Buy tix ♫ Warper Party@ Tender Trap (66 Greenpoint Ave) 8pm, FREE, Two rooms of omnidigital art and music, plus visuals, interactive art, and workshops, RSVP
* The Quirk Thing @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St) 6pm, FREE, Join Living Quirky NYC to be curious, open-minded, to connect, and to delight in the multi-faceted spectrum of who we are, More info
* Don’t Lose Your Head: The Science Behind Preventing the Zombie Apocalypse @ Brooklyn Brewery (79 North 11th St) 7:30pm, $20, Network with other young professionals interested in the environment, wildlife conservation, and public health at this fun and informative event presented by the EcoHealth Alliance Young Professionals Council, Buy tix
WEDNESDAY 5/13 ^ Paradise Bought @ Triple Canopy (155 Freeman St) 7pm, $5, A reading and discussion of the mystery genre, the difficulties of ghostwriting (and of employing ghostwriters), the free rein of capital, the concept of xenospace, and more, More info ♦ Another F@*#ing Group Show @ Tender Trap (66 Greenpoint Ave) 8pm, FREE, Art curated by Russell Murphy and Andrew H. Shirley, plus music from Faces of Weed / Unstoppable Death Machines / Gowanus Mutant Kommandos, RSVP ♫ RBMA Presents Raw Sound Transgressions @ Output (74 Wythe Ave) 10pm, $15, With Merzbow / Genesis BREYER P-ORRIDGE + Aaron Dilloway / Pharmakon / Prurient / Ron Morelli / Marshstepper / Uniform, Buy tix
WEDNESDAY 4/29 * Voices of Brooklyn: Between Wolves & Sheep @ Parables (334 Sough 5th St) 7pm, $15 suggested, Soulful vocals and body shakin’ grooves paired with stories of learning what protection truly meant in the of Williamsburg in the 80s and 90s, RSVP ♫ The Hunger (1st Course) @ Bar Matchless (557 Manhattan Ave) 8pm, $10, Hungry March Band begins their monthly Matchless residency, this month with Stumblebum Brass Band and Reggay Lords, RSVP * The Strange Journey Through Every Bodega in New York @ Acme Studio (63 North 3rd St) 8pm, $15, Obscura Society presents one woman’s odyssey documenting an overlooked but deeply idiosyncratic NYC icon before it disappears, More info
* Burned out Buildings, Take Berlin, and Kicking out Money-Changers @ Parables (334 South 5th St) 7pm, $15, Learn the stories and sounds of your neighborhood, through local storytellers, musicians, and interactive art, RSVP * Everything’s Coming UpProfits @Spectacle Theater (124 South 3rd St) 8pm, $5, An evening of corporate ephemera with Steve Young sharing delightfully catchy, weird, and excruciatingly rare gems, More info Continue reading →
Halloween Bash NEW VENUE! @ A.K.A. Bar (759 Grand St) Friday, October 31st , 10pm, $10–$20, Buy tix For two nights, party with no rules. No club dress code. No small, packed space. Just GOOD vibes (and even better music). Costume contest, music from DJ X5Rob and DJ Danny, plus half price on selected draft beers from 9–10pm. Get your tickets now!
WEDNESDAY 10/29 * Bon Voyage Party @ Sunview Luncheonette (221 Nassau Ave) 7pm, FREE, An evening to honor Colette Lumiére and experience a mise-en-sceéne inspired by her incomparable installations, More info
* Obscura Society Presents New York City Bodysnatchers @ Acme Studio (63 North 3rd) 8pm, $20, Author Bess Lovejoy discusses the city’s early medical industry, cadavers, and a controversial past, Buy tix ♫ Ho_sacalypse @ The Ho_se (28 Lawton St) 8pm, FREE, With O’ Great North / Kneeling Bus / BRAT PIT / Florida / lots more, RSVP
They have built a winter wonderland set for kids to interact with this Saturday, November 17th 10am-3pm (63 N 3rd St). They will have a photographer on site to capture the moment and will send parents a high-res zip file to help you get those holiday cards taken care of!
The entire event is free and their gift to the neighborhood. If I had a kid, I would totally be here!