“For every graveyard in the moonlight, there’s a junkyard in the sun,” sings the Texan folk-rocker Butch Hancock. Lately, our weekend music picks have been luring you to some dark worlds, like the ascendant hardcore punk scene in North Brooklyn. Today we head to sunnier climes, and recommend some acoustic, intimate, and heartwarming performances around town.
- Greenpoint artist welcomes celebrities at gallery opening
- Pride party Permanent Water comes to Wythe Hotel June 27
- Thursday Spotlight: Tommy Kha and the “negotiation between worlds”
- Environmental History Project, Peppermint Soda, Gateway to Greenpoint — What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (6/19-6/25)
- We’re Going Camping, See You July 1st