Here in Greenpoint, we’re pretty lucky to have some seriously great record shops around. For this Sunday Snaps, I decided to drop by four of my favorites and ask employees and owners what recent items had come in that they were especially excited about. The shops I visited included Record Grouch (986 Manhattan Ave.), Academy Records Annex (85 Oak St.), Captured Tracks (195 Calyer St.), and Co-op 87 Records (87 Guernsey St.) Here are some of the albums they showed me, complete with a few pictures of these excellent local record stores!
- Greenpoint artist welcomes celebrities at gallery opening
- Pride party Permanent Water comes to Wythe Hotel June 27
- Thursday Spotlight: Tommy Kha and the “negotiation between worlds”
- Environmental History Project, Peppermint Soda, Gateway to Greenpoint — What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (6/19-6/25)
- We’re Going Camping, See You July 1st