“For every graveyard in the moonlight, there’s a junkyard in the sun,” sings the Texan folk-rocker Butch Hancock. Lately, our weekend music picks have been luring you to some dark worlds, like the ascendant hardcore punk scene in North Brooklyn. Today we head to sunnier climes, and recommend some acoustic, intimate, and heartwarming performances around town.
- Night Dancing of the Giglio Is Tonight, Feast Ends Sunday (7/21)
- Tropic of Trash, Summer Fête, Chromatic Modernity — What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (7/17-7/23)
- Kickstarter Seeks Creators and Artists for Fall Residency
- Greenpoint’s Outdoor Summer Film Screenings
- Key Food Meat Department Signs New Contract