The East River Ferry is already the most pleasant and gorgeous commuting experience, and now it is the most delicious with a new snack bar run by Bench Marc Events. While Karen was making us a Housemade Egg Cream ($3), which blew my mind, she told me that everything on the menu is “made in Brooklyn,” including the McClure’s Potato Chips and the Butter Lane chocolate caramel cupcake we enjoyed on the short ride from Midtown to India St. They better put some extra large life preservers on the ferry!
- Van Leeuwen’s Flagship Store Opens Tonight in Williamsburg with a Free Scoop Giveaway!!
- Film Buffs Delight in Night of Noir
- Brooklyn Comedy Fest, Summer’s End, Waku Waku – What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (8/26–9/01)
- Burmese Pop-Up Dinner at McGolrick’s Sunview Luncheonette (08/30)
- Matt Siffert: Folk Songwriting with Jazz and Classical Instrumentation at Pete’s Candy Store 10pm Tonight