* Sewing 101: Make a Skirt @ Brooklyn Craft Company (61 Greenpoint Ave) 6:30pm, $85, Sewing for total beginners: you’ll leave class with a finished elastic-waisted skirt, More info
♦ Collective Delusions / Mass Hysteria @ Living Gallery (1094 Broadway) 8:30pm, FREE, A group show featuring 15 female artists involved in the punk, hardcore, noise, and underground art scenes, RSVP
# Fuck Cancer @ Brooklyn Brewery (79 North 11th St) 8pm, $50, A North Brooklyn restaurant & bar tasting event and silent auction, Buy tix
* Khal @ Glasshouse (246 Union Ave) 8pm, FREE, Sketched animation of visual scores will be accompanied by spoken word interpretations, RSVP
* Rally for Bushwick Inlet Park @ City Hall (Broadway & Murray St) 1pm, FREE, Help hold the City of New York to their promised of building a park on the North Brooklyn Waterfront, More info
♫ Boom Baby @ Macri Park (462 Union Ave) 10pm, FREE, A Thursday night dance party that brings together the best of hip-hop, rock, house, and Latin tunes, RSVP
No 7 North & Brooklyn Brewery Superbowl Party
at No 7 North (931 Manhattan Ave) 5:30pm, FREE
Watch the Superbowl with $15 buckets of beer, Superbowl-themed cocktails, boilermaker specials, and snacks like broccoli tacos and altered beast fries. Food til the end of the game; drinks til 2am. More info
♫ Voices of Brooklyn @ Parables (334 South 5th St) 6:30pm, $15, Learn the stories and sounds of Southside of Williamsburg through stories, music, and interactive art, RSVP
* Ric Burns’ New York Documentary @ The Diamond (43 Franklin St) 7pm, FREE, The Diamond screens the eight-part, 17½-hour documentary film on the history of New York City one disc per week, RSVP
♫ Cry & Wine: A Party for Your Feelings @ Passenger Bar (229 Roebling St) 8pm, FREE, DJ Leesh will be spinning the kinds of tunes that make you wanna write in your journal, and all four of La Pirata Kitchen‘s signature cookies will be available for sale, RSVP
# Wine & Cheese Tasting @ Adelina’s (159 Greenpoint Ave) 5pm, $18, A tasting pairing four organic tap wines with four specialty cheeses from Eastern District, RSVP
☺ Literati @ Molasses Books (770 Hart St) 8pm, FREE, A night of selected readings from the greatest American novels never written, RSVP
♫ The Greenpoint Get-Down @ No 7 North (931 Manhattan Ave) 9pm, FREE, DJ Patrick A. Reed will spin classic hip-hop, heavy soul, deep funk, ska, rocksteady, and more, More info Continue reading
(sponsored) No. 7 North NYE Party: Fried Chicken and Champagne!
931 Manhattan Ave, 8pm, FREE, More info
No.7 North, a neighborhood cocktail bar with an awesome red felt pool table, is doing a crazy cool, awesome, fun, no pressure, no cover, super fun New Years Eve! We’ll be mixing up cocktails and serving up super delicious (and cheap) food. $2 Fried Chicken, $3 Broccoli Tacos, $4 for one of each!
♫ Gimme Tinnitus NYE @ Aviv (496 Morgan Ave) 6:30pm, $8, With the Gradients / Celestial Shore / Palberta / Baked / Multicult / Palehound / The Big Sleep / Vomitface / Parlor Walls, RSVP
# Prix Fixe NYE @ Battery Harris (64 Frost St) 6:30pm, $65–$125, Four-course menu, champagne toast, and DJ Michna, Buy tix
* Happy Fun Cry Karaoke Party @ The Diamond (43 Franklin St) 8pm, FREE, Ring in the New Year with live karaoke, plus a midnight champagne toast, RSVP
* Roaring 1920s NYE @ Milk & Roses (1110 Manhattan Ave) 10pm, FREE, Live jazz, themed cocktails, complimentary canapés, and a midnight prosecco toast, More info
☺ Naked Comedy Show @ The Creek & the Cave (10-93 Jackson Ave) 11:45pm, $12, Featuring NYC’s best & bravest comedians performing in the nude; audience nudity optional, Buy tix
* Music & Pyrrhonism Without Us @ Capri Social Club (156 Calyer St) 7:30pm, FREE, Join Triple Canopy for a presentation by 2014 commission recipient Kieran Daly, More info
♫ Permutations121714 @ Cloud City (85 North 1st St) 8pm, $15, Featuring Kafka Fragments / Mike Tyson Will Eat Your Children / Talking in Circles / Four Koans, and more, RSVP Continue reading
This Friday, join Preservation Greenpoint in welcoming the holiday season by reveling in the architecture, charm, and (most importantly) BEER of historic Greenpoint!
For their bar crawl, Preservation Greenpoint will be visiting a combination of classic neighborhood institutions and relative newcomers, including a repurposed auto-body shop and a one-time plastic bag manufacturer (now named after the first European settler in the neighborhood). Two of these bars have gorgeous fireplaces to make sure you keep extra cozy!
Discover new watering holes, brush up on Greenpoint’s historic architecture and current issues, and join your neighbors for a frosty brew!
When: Friday, December 5th, 7pm
Where: Starts at Brouwerij Lane (78 Greenpoint Avenue). Moves onto The Diamond and Dirck the Norseman.
A new monthly dining event called The Epcot Series launches tonight at The Diamond. The Epcot Series will strive to bring a different international cuisine into the bar each month, beginning this evening with an Indian Buffet! Continue reading
* NAG’s Community Mapping Series: Air Pollution @ MS 50 Auditorium (183 South 3rd St) 6:30pm, FREE, Learn about local air-pollution-reduction campaigns in the neighborhood (BQE decking, trucking, garbage equity), More info
♫ Education Through Music Benefit @ Rough Trade (64 North 9th St) 7pm, $65, With Jennah Bell / The Dust Rays / J. Period, More info
* Color Series: Blue But Not Dead @ Wendy’s Subway (722 Metropolitan Ave) 8pm, FREE, The second installment of the “Color in Film” series, featuring Malá Mořská Víla, the Czech Little Mermaid, and Marguerite Duras’ short film “Les Mains Négatives,” RSVP Continue reading
Open House NY, Rothtoberfest, Beatboxing Championships – What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (10/08–10/14)
* Urban Existentialists @ Word (126 Franklin St) 7pm, FREE, With Justin Taylor / Brian Morton / David Ryan, RSVP
* Debut @ Knockdown Center (52-19 Flushing Ave) 7:45pm, $35, Merging independent music, contemporary dance theater, and large-scale art installation, Debut tells the story of a group of teenagers who break into an abandoned building on the night of their senior prom, Buy tix