* Daddy’s Handmade Treasures @ Daddy’s (435 Graham Ave) SATURDAY 11/16, 1-6pm, FREE, Shop for gifts from 13 local and national vendors at this love-filled pop-up shop, while enjoying spiced drinks, tarot readings, and hot dogs from the shiny new stand, highlights include jewelry made from real fruit and candy (yummm) from Glitterlimes BK , laser cut textile kits & designs from Flowerclouds , gorgeous hand-made knits from Liz Collins, silk cashmere and wool scarves from J VanSuch, recycled fingerless gloves from Elisabethan, handsome men’s ties from Sovereign Bech, and DJ Knife Fight spinning 45s all day (plus many, many more), RSVP
There are more events in our weekly calendar. Submit Greenpoint events, too!
♦ Digital Arts Lecture Series: R. Luke DuBois “Sex, Lies, and Data Mining” @ Pratt (Myrtle Hall Lecture Rm 4D-3, 4th Fl) 12:45-1:45pm, FREE, DuBois (composer, artist, & performer) will discuss his ongoing project, which culls data from online dating profiles and maps it according to geographic location, RSVP
* HOW LITTLE BIG IS Kickstarter Wrap Party @ In God We Trust (70 Greenpoint Ave) 6-9pm, Celebrate the success of this local documentary project on kickstarter with original artwork from the subject of the film as well as Amelia Bauer / Tracy Trimmins / Dan Funderburgh / Debra Mintz, with an open bar from BK Brewery and Thorny Rose Winery, RSVP
• GCEF Public Workshop @ Dupont Street Senior Center (80 Dupont St) 6:30-8:30pm, FREE, learn about the GCEF application process for environental improvement projects, while networking with other applicants, don’t forget to sign up in advance, More Info
☺ Heavy Metal Laser Plane @ Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Ave) 9pm, FREE, Stand up from Seaton C SMith / Michelle Wolf / Lucas Connolly / Nate Fridson, RSVP Continue reading
Category: Events, What's Happening?
Tags: art shows, cheep events, Concerts, event listings, free events, free things to do, galleries, Greenpoint Events, moby dick, soup bowl fundraiser, tofurkey
On Sunday November 17, 2013 from 3-5pm at EAT Greenpoint – weeks before we stuff our faces with turkey for Thanksgiving – we are having our Annual Soup Bowl Fundraiser to raise money for our very own Greenpoint Food Pantry and Soup Kitchen which serves 1000s of hungry Greenpointers on a weekly basis.
Here’s the deal:
$25 gets you 1 beautiful and locally handmade soup bowl to take home, filled with delicious hearty soup from the The Splendid Spoon + a Brooklyn Brewery beer!
100% of funds donated to the Soup Kitchen!
Date: Sunday 11/17/13
Location: Eat (124 Meserole St)
Come early to have first dibs on your soup bowl!
RESERVE YOUR BOWL VIA PAYPAL
Special thanks to Clay Space & The Brooklyn Kitchen!
Tags: Brooklyn Brewery, Clay Space 1205, Clayspace, Eat & Drink, Fundraiser, Greenpoint, Greenpoint Soup Kitchen, soup bowl fundraiser, sunday supper, the brooklyn kitchen, the splendid spoon
CALLING ALL POTTERS!!!
On Sunday 11/17/13 from 3-5pm at EAT(124 Meserole St) Greenpointers is organizing our Annual Soup Bowl Fundraiser and we need your soup bowls!
Diners buy a bowl, get a bowl of soup from The Splendid Spoon and a Brooklyn Brewery Beer for $25 – with all proceeds donated to Greenpoint Soup Kitchen!
If you can donate a handmade bowl – please email me greenpointers (at) gmail.com so we can arrange a drop-off.
If anyone would like to reserve a soup bowl now, make a donation via paypal here!
Thanks in advance!
Tags: Brooklyn Brewery, Clayspace, Eat & Drink, event, Fundraiser, Greenpoint Soup Kitchen, pottery, soup, soup bowl fundraiser, soup kitchen, supper, Supper Club, the brooklyn kitchen, the splendid spoon
Spend your Sunday with Greenpointers to raise money for Sandy Relief Efforts:
• From 1-9pm, 18 bands perform at Public Assembly (70 No. 6th St). $10 Cover with all proceed donated to New York Cares. Bring 3 Canned Goods/Supplies get a free Brooklyn Brewery beer. Facebook RSVP, More info
• From 4-6pm, enjoy delicious soup from The Splendid Spoon in a one of a kind handmade bowl while enjoying a Brooklyn Brewery Beer at EAT (124 Meserole St). $25, All Proceeds donated to Greenpoint Soup Kitchen & Food Pantry. More info.
On Sunday November 18, 2012 from 4-6pm Greenpointers is organizing a Soup Bowl Fundraiser at EAT (124 Meserole Ave).
Guests can choose a handmade bowl* donated from a local potter, enjoy a delicious bowl of soup from The Splendid Spoon along with a beer from Brooklyn Brewery – all for $25.
100% of donations benefit Greenpoint Soup Kitchen & Food Pantry.
Reserve your soup bowl today, via paypal.
Soup Bowl Fundraiser $25
* Choice of bowl is first come first serve. You can reserve a bowl to pick-up at the Holiday Market on 12/8 if you cannot make it to the event.
The Splendid Spoon
The Brooklyn Kitchen
Greenpointers is looking for local potters to donate 2-3 bowls to this event. Click here for more info. Please email us greenpointers (at) gmail.com to donate.