WEDNESDAY 4/10 ♫ Taj Mahal Trio @Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave) Door at 6pm, $25, Composer, multi-instrumentalist and vocalist Taj Mahal performs blues and roots music, More Info * L Magazine’s and Kanine Records’ 10th Anniversary @Union Pool (484 Union Ave) 8pm, FREE, Xray Eyeballs / Lodro/ Valleys, RSVP ♫Araabmuzik @ The OutPost (74 Wythe Ave,) 10pm, $15, Tix
• Williamsburg Greenpoint Food Co-op Community Meeting @ Greenpoint Reformed Church (136 Milton St) 7-9pm, RSVP
♦ Hyperbolic @ Beginnings (110 Meserole Ave) Opening Reception 7-9pm, FREE, Artist Matt Leines, RSVP ♫ Brain-Cave Festival 2013 (4/11-4/14) @Europa (98 Meserole Ave) 7pm, $12-40, Brooklyn music festival featuring the borough’s brightest and most innovative underground/indie bands, RSVP ☺AbeMixture: A Storm Of Words @ Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Ave) 7:30pm, FREE, Comedians Liz Miele/Rob Cantrell/Justy Dodge/Lauren Ireland/Ken Jepsen and J LaLond, RSVP ♫ Diarrhea Planet / Wild Yaks / Flagland @Shea Stadium (20 Meadow St, Bushwick) 8pm, $8, RSVP
♦ Aura @ The One Well (165 Greenpoint Ave) Opening Reception 7-10pm, a collection of watercolor + ink works by Amanda Brown, RSVP ♦ Death In Flesh @ Laundry Lung Gallery (67 West Street, Suite #214) Opening Reception 7-9pm, featuring the ink works of Emma Kohlmann and photography by Caroline Schub, curated by Nicole Aiello, RSVP ♦Static @ Calico Gallery (67 West St #206, Brooklyn) Opening Reception 7-9pm, works by Elana Adler and Hannah Lamar Simmons, RSVP ♫ Wavves / Fidlar / Cheatahs @ Shea Stadium (20 Meadow St) 8pm, More Info
*Greenpointers Spring Market @ From The Source (69 West St) noon-6pm, Drink, Eat (tons of local food vendors), Photobooth, Nail Art, Live Music via Brain-Cave Festival, and Shop an impressive line up of local vendors, RSVP • Greencycle Swap @ St. Nicks Alliance (2 Kingsland Ave), Williamsburg Beacon(88 N 11th St), Grand Street Campus (850 Grand St) noon-4pm, $5, Drop off your cleaned gently-used & working items, browse the selection & take as many riches as you can carry! More Info • Reading @ Milk and Roses (1110 Manhattan Ave) 7pm, FREE, a poetry cabaret featuring Michelle Taransky / Emily Hunt / Caitlin Grace McDonnell & Tim Requarth on piano, RSVP * Curatorial Talk with Lon Black @ City Reliquary (370 Metropolitan Ave) 7:30-10pm, a visit to pre-1907 New York City with a slide show, lecture and tour of “Greetings From the City of New York.” ♫ Doldrums / Friends / Sean Nicholas Savage @285 Kent, 8pm, $12, RSVP
• Ridgewood Market@ Gottscheer Hall (657 Fairview Ave) 11am, art, vintage, local crafts, food, drinks, RSVP • Gotham Writers Workshop @ Word (126 Franklin St) 2-3pm, FREE, Join writer Shelly Oria for a fiction writing class on generating ideas and storytelling techniques, then share your work in a dynamic and supportive environment, RSVP ♫ Mmoss / Quilt / Prince Rupert’s Drops / Electric Mess @ Glasslands (289 Kent) 8pm, $10, RSVP
WEDNESDAY 3/27 • Newtown Creek CAG Meeting @ LaGuardia Community College (31-10 Thomson Ave, E Building, Room E500) 6-8pm, a conversation with the EPA and NYCDEP about Superfund and Newtown Creek ♦ Free Cities Party NYC-Flint @ Metropolitan Exchange (33 Flatbush Ave) 8-10pm, silent auction, crepes, virtual tours, booze from Michigan, RSVP * Daiquiris & Dub @ Beloved (674 Manhattan Ave) 9pm, DJ Kahncept spinning heady dub and reggae, $7 Denizen Rum cocktails
THURSDAY 3/28 ♫ Gondola / Helioscope / Jeremy Mark Freer / Satellite Radion @ Bar Matchless (557 Manhattan Avenue) 7pm, $6 ♥ Is Feminism Sexy? @ Word (126 Franklin St) 7pm, Jennifer Armstrong discusses what feminism means to young women today, RSVP * Skate Night Rockaway Benefit @ Villain (50 N 3rd St) 9pm, FREE, live music, dj’s, mini ramps, art auction, raffle and prizes, food and drinks, RSVP ♥ Pussy Power Aerial & Variety Show @ House of Yes (342 Maujer St, Bushwick) 8pm, $15, estrogen-fueled super-circus celebrating the Va-J-J herself, RSVP ♫ Dichroics / Circle of Buzzards / Dead Stars @ Saint Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave) 8pm, $10 ♫ Reggae Bash @ RBar (451 Meeker Ave) 9:30pm, FREE, 3 Kings Sound, RSVP ♫ Archipelago / Belle Mare / Ora Cogan @ Silent Barn (603 Bushwick Ave) 8pm
SATURDAY 3/30 * Easter Egg Hunt @ McGolrick/Winthrop Park, 11am, $5, Pack a picnic lunch and celebrate the start of spring! • Compost Harvest & Housecleaning @ North Brooklyn Compost Project (McCarren Park, N12th St and Driggs) 1-4pm, harvest compost, take some home, help fancy up the site ♥ Meat All About It @ TBD (214 Franklin St) 2pm, “lets make Misteaks together … bringing back the STEAK! and other yummy outdoor food, DJs Greg Smith & the Broken English at 6pm ♫ Ed Schrader’s Music Beat / Jamaican Queens / Free Blood / Zula @ Shea Stadium (20 Meadow St) 8pm, $8
SUNDAY 3/31 – Happy Easter! ♦ Easter Craft Fair @ Fashion Rock (372 Tompkins Ave, Bed-Stuy) 4-10pm, More info ♫ Unstoppable Death Machines / Fake Hooker / Respect / Laughters / Mtns. @ Silent Barn (603 Bushwick Ave) 8pm
For all more Brooklyn Holiday Markets, click here.
WEDNESDAY 12/19 ♦No Wave Performance Task Force Presents “Women’s Group” @ Vaudeville Park (26 Bushwick Ave) 7:30pm, Conceptual open house, all welcome to perform or provide audience/response, purpose is to brainstorm, share work and party before Christmas! More Info •Poker Philanthropy @ T.B.D (224 Franklin St) 7:45pm, Support Wounded Warrior Project, whose mission is to honor and empower wounded veterans. RSVP to pokerphilanthropy (AT) gmail.com •Mexi-Christmas Movie @ La Gringa Taqueria (800 Grand St) 8pm, FREE screening of “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” underneath an army tent out with wood-burning stove, large-format movie screen, free Mexican hot chocolate and cookies, RSVP: 718-640-0500
THURSDAY 12/20 •Krampus Party @ Brouwerij Lane (78 Greenpoint Ave) 6-10pm, More Info *Nouveaux Cinemas Film Festival @ Berry Park (4 Berry St) 6:30-8:30pm, FREE, Screening of short films and a live concert by VideoVideo, More Info *Drink for a cause @ Exley (1 Jackson St) 7-9pm, $5, Brooklyn Kickball & The Automotive Highschool bring you a night of Free Beer and Holiday Cheer benefiting the Williamsburg Automotive HS, RSVP *The No Office Holiday Party @ Littlefield (622 Degraw St, Gowanus) 8pm, $6, Wyatt Cenac Stand-up set, inappropriate photo opps in Hot Santa photobooth, dancing, spiked punch, More Info
FRIDAY 12/21 – APOCALYPSE!!! • Holiday Market + Bender @ Gowanus Print Lab (54 Second Ave) 6-11pm, Local artisans present their wares and works plus custom gift wrap, booze, music, screen printing, More Info ♫ Apocalypse Party @ 285 Kent Ave, 8pm, $8, Music by Prince Rama / Dickpic /Ami Dand, All Ages, RSVP ♫ Karaoke to the End! @ Connie O’s (158 Norman Ave) 10pm, apocalyptic holiday buddy-hang at Greenpoint’s best drive bar! RSVP ♫ End of The World Party @ Glasslands (289 Kent Ave) 11:30pm, $10, Music by Peter Hadar & Funkbot, DJ’s, cheap drinks, Buy Tix ♫ Apocalypse Party @ Cameo Gallery (93 N 6th St) 11:55pm, $15, French electro-jazz electronic experimentalist, Joakim curates a soundtrack to end all and NYC disco king, Jacques Renault takes the stage, RSVP
SATURDAY 12/22 • The Little Top Circus & Medicine Show @ Union Hall (702 Union St, Park Slope) 8:30pm-midnight, Sermons, snake oil, magic, feats of strength, burlesque, geekery and jazz so hot you’ll swear you smell brimstone. RSVP
SUNDAY 12/23 •A Christmas Story @ Nitehawk Cinema (136 Metropolitan Ave) noon, $11, instead of watching it on TV, see it on the big screen! More Info ♦Holiday Party + 1- Year Anniversary @ Storefront Bushwick (16 Wilson Ave) 4-6pm, curated by David Harper. RSVP ♥ Xmaslites in Dyker Heights and Dim Sum @ City Hall (131 Duane St, NYC) 12:30pm, Five Borough Bicycle Club (5BBC) combines two Christmas traditions—colorful lights and Chinese food—on this 20 mil. group ride. More Info
* Greenpointers’ Pick ♫ Music ♥ Pheremones likely ♦ Art Event
• Repeal Anniversary Party @ Huckleberry Bar (588 Grand St) 4pm, celebrate the anniversary of The end of Prohibition with $4 beers and $8 cocktails. • Big Terrific Comedy Sandy Benefit @ Cameo Gallery (93 N. 6th St.) 8pm, $10, Max Silvestri / Gabe Liedman / Hannibal Buress / John Mulaney / Bob Powers / Brent Sullivan, RSVP
* Oral History & Public Health: The Newtown Creek Community Health and Harms Narrative @ Columbia Law School (701 Case Lounge, 7th Fl) 6-8pm, oral historian Suzanne Snider discusses the use of community-based oral history to politicize victims of environmental injustice and to establish a collaborative public health report and map, based on the testimony of long-term residents in Greenpoint and East Williamsburg and Maspeth., More info * Private Vintage/Lingerie Sale @ (303 Kingsland Ave #3R) 6-10pm, after work private sale featuring White Dove Vintage apparel and accessories, NaïS Lingerie and wine, RSVP • KRRB Home for the Holidays Housewarming Party @ Area 17 (99 Richardson St, 2nd Fl) 7-9pm, KRRB is building a cozy apartment in their HQ and everything is for sale. Find jewelry, furniture, home decor, of both vintage and handmade, plus cider and eggnog, RSVP♥ Congeneric @ Brouwerij Lane (78 Greenpoint Ave) Opening Reception, 7-10pm, Artwork by TFUK (Francis Christie), Proceeds donated to Rockaway Renegades for Sandy Relief ♦Wood Sculptures by Merijn Hos @ Beginnings (110 Meserole Ave) 7-10pm, Enter a lively forest of shapes and colors, enjoy a feast of immersive sculpture and three-dimensional charm,More info ♫Sarah Neufeld, Lone Wolf, Colin Stetson, Holly Miranda @ Zebulon (258 Wythe Ave) 9pm, Free
♦ Postcards to North Brooklyn @ Arts@Renaissance (2 Kingsland Ave) a group art show to benefit St. Nicks Alliance’s, Over 100 artists have donated their vision of North Brooklyn through 4 × 6” postcards created especially for the event, More info ♦ Holiday Show @ Clay Space 1205 (1205 Manhattan Ave. Ste 2-4-1), 5-9pm, Ceramic art show, RSVP ♦ Calicornucopia @ Calico (67 West St #206) 7-10pm, an evening of wintry festivity close to 100 pieces of artwork by artists from Brooklyn and beyond, all priced at $300 or less, RSVP ♦ Booklyn Bookshop Pop-up Exhibition @ Booklyn (37 Greenpoint Ave, 4th Fl) 7-10pm, celebrating a weekend long pop-up to celebrate the holiday season and the launch of their new online store. ♦ Year Two: Postcard Exhibition, BDay & Raffle Fundraiser @ Fowler (67 West St, #216) 7-10pm, Artists from all over have sent postcard-sized works that are $80 and under, Globular Cluster performs, local raffle, RSVP • HO HO HO & Mistletoe: Holiday Party with Self-Portrait Project @ Old Hollywood (99 Franklin St) 8-11pm, Andy Lin’s Self Portrait Project will have an Old Hollywood makeover so come dressed to impress and get your holiday photos made, RSVP ♫Gary War / Purple Pilgrims / PC Worship / Alan Watts @ Death By Audio (49 So. 2nd St) 8pm, $7
SATURDAY 12/8 • Greenpointers Holiday Market @ From The Source (69 West St) noon-6pm, do all your local gift shopping, over 40 designers, makers and artists, DIY gift wrap, photo booth and refreshments, RSVP • ManufactureNY X Love Us Holiday Pop-Up @ The End (13 Greenpoint Ave) noon-6pm, everything is 100% Made in the USA by local designers, RSVP • NYC Beard & Moustache Competition @ Warsaw (261 Drigg Ave) 6:30pm, $15, Compete for best in 13 categories, like “styled mustache,” and “women’s most realistic.” Bands, belly dancers, raffle, drink specials and pierogies. Proceeds donated to local NYC MS Society chapter, Buy Tix
SUNDAY 12/9 • Photos with Santa to benefit Badass Brooklyn Animal Rescue @ My Two Dogs Inc. (434 Manhattan Ave) 10:30am-3:30pm, $6/picture donation, raffles and prizes! Santa is back- bring your dog, your kids, the whole family and have your picture taken with Santa for a good cause, photos will be emailed. ♦ Holiday Art Auction @ (240 Broadway #303) 4-8pm, artists auction their work, silently, bids start as low as $30 bucks, all profit goes directly to the artist, Brooklyn Brewery beer!
* Greenpointers’ Pick ♫ Music ♥ SANDY BENEFIT ♦ Art Event
♥ My Bloody Masquerade Burlesque @ TBD (224 Franklin St) 8pm, Free before 12am, $5 after, wear a mask, devilish burlesque & ghoulish tunes by DJ Sam Hyde (a.k.a. Sal Paradise), prizes, zombie booth
• Ghosts & Ghouls Halloween Party @ St. Stan’s Post 1771 (519 Leonard St) 8pm, $20, beer, wine, snacks, live DJ, hosted by Sons of the American Legion
♫ Neon Halloween @ Cameo Gallery (93 N. 6th St) 1pm, $12, DJ sets by Neon Indiand & Chrome Crayon, Glow Goodies Provided
• Grand Opening Williamsburg East Side Flea Market @ PS 132 (320 Manhattan Ave) 11am-5pm, More info
• Howl – O – Ween Dog Costume Party & Contest @ McCarren Park Dog Run, 12pm-3pm, doggy photo portraits, a DJ, raffled prizes, and sponsor tables to connect local businesses with the community, More info
• Children’s Halloween Parade @ Polish & Slavic Center (176 Java St) 2-5pm, march down Manhattan Avenue to Driggs Avenue, and loop back to Java where a spooktacular movie/party will follow.
* Bushwick Halloween Photo Walk with Meryl Meisler @ Mam Joy’s (1084 Flushing Ave) 2pm, stroll the streets of Bushwick, talk to people we encounter and mainly take a lotsa pictures! Just like Meryl Meisler used to do in the 1980s. More info
• Very Spooky Boat Tour @ South Street Seaport, Pier 16, 4:30-6:30pm, $20, a twilight tour aboard a (possibly) haunted NYC Water Taxi up into the mysterious and meandering industrial waterway, Newtown Creek, More info
♫ Bardo Thodol Halloween Show with Flown / Delphic Sybil / Holy God / La Guadalupe / Rat Attack @ Secret Project Robot (389 Melrose St) 8pm
• Shuffleboard Competition @ The Diamond (43 Franklin St) 7:30pm, $6/team, $100 to Winners!
• Taboo Foods @ Public Assembly (70 No. 6th St) 7-9pm, Free Lecture by Masters of Social Gastronomy
*** HALLOWEEN – WEDNESDAY - 10/31 ***
♫ Hallowmas With World Inferno Friendship Society @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave) 7pm, $22
• Greenpoint Zombie Crawl, begins @ Brouwerij Lane (78 Greenpoint Ave) 8pm, More info
* Greenpointers Toxic Codependent Halloween Dance Party @ Greenpoint Heights (278 Nassau Ave) 9pm, FREE, Music by Mr. NYSE, Kissing Booth, Couples Therapy Cocktail Special, Partner up as the most sick and twisted, messed up couple you can think of, RSVP
* Greenpointers’ Pick
♥ Pheremones Likely
♦ Art Event
CMJ is in full swing and recommended shows are highlighted in plum.
WEDNESDAY 10/17 ♥ Pumpkin Carving Party @ Huckleberry Bar (588 Grand St) 6pm, cheap cocktails and beer • Oktoberfest Open Bar @ One Stop Beer Shop (134 Kingsland Ave) 8-9pm, Over 100 beers! ♫ Gunfight! / Backwords / Quiet Loudly / Indian Rebound / Sharkmuffin @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St) 8pm, RSVP ♫ Dead Leaf Echo / Andre Obin / Some Ember / Rarechild / Treasure Teeth @ Tandem (236 Troutman St) 8pm, $5, RSVP ♫ Chains of Love / Heliotropes / Papercranes / Aact Rrasier / The Analog Girl / Young Girls @ The Knitting Factory (361 Metropolitan Ave) 8pm, $10
THURSDAY 10/18 ♫ Ava Luna / Fergus & Geronimo / Royal Canoe / Murals / Starlight Girls / Sinkane / Chains of Love / Spanish Prisoners @ Ran Tea House (269 Kent Ave) 3pm, RSVP ♫ Body Language / Opossom / Devin / Donora / Echo-Friendly / Night Panther @ Matchless (557 Manhattan Ave) 8pm, FREE
FRIDAY 10/19 ♫ Valleys / Beach Day / Bleeding Rainbow / Eternal Summers / Zambri / Moon King / Roommates @ Cameo Gallery (93 No. 6th St) Noon, Free, Beer Specials, RSVP ♦ Exhibit B @ Calico (67 West St, #206) 7-9pm, the second of two inaugural group art shows, More info ♦ Bring Your Own Beamer @ The Autumn Bowl (67 West St) 8pm, NBNY invites anyone to bring a projector and playback device (laptop, media player, DVD player) and project on any and all surfaces, creating a collaborative tapestry of overlapping moving imagery. Electricity provided. $5 before 10pm, $10 after 10pm, Free with Beamer ♫ Unstoppable Death Machines / ZZZ’s / Ben Robey / Netherlands @ Big Snow (89 Varet St) 8pm, $5 ♫ Terekke / Anthony Naples / Aquarian / Nooka Jones / Evan Michael / Judge Wise / T’Angelo @ 70 No. 6th St Loft, 10pm, $5
SATURDAY 10/20 • Fall Festival @ East River State Park (No. 8th & Kent St) 10am-3pm, Pumpkins, music, food and family activities. • Mulchtoberfest @ Newtown Creek Nature Walk (Paige & Provost) noon-4pm, Join Newtown Creek Alliance to tuck the Nature Walk in for the winter by mulching and feeding all of the planting beds. ♫ The Suzan / ZZZ’s / Trabajo / 1200 Trees / Unkle Yva Punkfaggot @ Free Candy (905 Atlantic Ave, Bed-Stuy) Noon, Free ♫ Greenpointers / Super Crush Studios / Carabella Presents CMJ Showcase @ Matchless (557 Manhattan Ave) 3pm, $7, Spanish Prisoners / Neighbors / Ra Ra Rasputin / Young Heel / Il Abanico, RSVP * 3rd Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest @ Crest Hardware (558 Metropolitan Ave) 7-11pm, Free, $5 to compete, pumpkins must be carved upon arrival, More info ♦ The New Brutalists @ Parallel Art Space (17-17 Troutman Street #220, Ridgewood) 6-9pm, an exhibition featuring artwork by Samuel T. Adams, Guy Nelson, Leah Raintree, and Frank Zadlo, More info ♫ Sinkane / Slowdance / We Can’t Enjoy Ourselves / Weeknight @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave) 8pm, $8 ♫ Blonde Summer / The Outside / Dune Rats / Suburban Living / Cool Serbia @ Trash Bar (256 Grand St) 8pm, $8
SUNDAY 10/21 * Gunk Under Greenpoint Bike Ride @ Nag Office (110 Kent Ave) 2-5:30pm, tour industrial North Brooklyn and learn about “black mayonnaise” and other nastiness that lurks beneath the surface, discuss the future of this rapidly developing neighborhood. ♥ Apple Pie Contest @ Enid’s (560 Manhattan Ave) 5pm, More info ♥ 3rd Annual Mac-Off @ Huckleberry Bar (588 Grand St) 5pm, Free to compete, $15 at door, $10 in advance ♫ Unstoppable Death Machines / Juggernaut / Cinema Cinema / Bambara / Hounds Basket / The Benjees / Osekre & The Lucky Bastards / The Brooklyn What / Ravenous / Inky Jack / Going Green @ Rock Bottom (175 Stockholm) 5pm, $5
MONDAY 10/22 * Yummy Eats Presidential Debate Dinner @ TBD (222 Franklin St) 8pm, Korean Menu, RSVP
TUESDAY 10/23 ♦ Watercolor on Prepared Paper Workshop @ Arts@Renaissance (2 Kingsland Ave) 6:30-9:30pm, experiment with watercolor while being able to get the white of the paper back by simply wiping it away, all levels.
WEDNESDAY 10/24 • Open House @ Awakening NY (607 Manhattan Ave) 2-8pm, Explore Free movement classes, personal consultations and massages while eating complimentary, mouth-watering, healthy and organic snacks.
* Greenpointers’ Pick
♥ Pheremones Likely
♦ Art Event
• Thurs-Sat. 9/27-9/29: Nothing Lasts Forever, Nothing is Lost Forever @ The End (18 Kent St) 7:30pm & 9:30pm, In a world of archaic beasts, wandering girls, and the last bird on earth, ‘Nothing Lasts’ is a roving performance installation that rages against the dying of the light. Buy Tickets
• Weatherization Workshop @ Greenpoint Library (107 Norman Ave) 5pm-7pm, FREE, hosted by the People’s Firehouse and Community Environmental Center, to help home owners apply for no-cost or low-cost weatherization
• Newtown Creek Alliance Meeting @ Vander-Ende Onderdonk House (1820 Flushing Ave) 6pm, a short tour of the house then meeting dedicated to review of mission, fall programs and vision for the creek.
♦ The Beginning Opening Reception @ Beginnings (110 Meserole Ave) 7-10pm, the first group show, a gorgeous catalog of nearly thirty artists, travelling the underground and overground international ley lines.
♦ Dead Dudes Done Right Opening Reception @ Secret Project Robot (389 Melrose St) 7-11pm, monumental portrait extravaganza and live music, RSVP
♦ ”Exhibit A” Opening Reception @ Calico Gallery (67 West St) 7-9pm, the first of two inaugural group shows at the new gallery space located within the historic Greenpoint Terminal warehouse building, RSVP
* Greenpointers Big Fat Blawg Birthday @ Diamond Bar (43 Franklin St) 9pm, Cake by Ovenly, $2 Beer 9-10pm, RSVP, VIDEO INVITATION
♫ Brooklyn Bass Presents: Das Moth with Cooper Saver and Ex Ex Ex @ Bellwether (594 Union Ave) 9pm-4am, Free, More info
♫ Tony Castles / Backwords / Zula / Ancient Sky @ Delinquency (1031 Grand St.) 9pm
♦ Newtown Creek Armada @ Newtown Creek Nature Walk (Paidge Ave & Provost St) 1-4pm, FREE, an art installation that invites the public to explore the creek, visitors will pilot a fleet of artist-made, miniature, remote-control boats along the creek’s surface, More Info
• Field Trip day Greenpoint, Meet @ Transmitter Park, 2pm, FREE, Explore until 6pm, learn to tie nautical knots, launch miniature boats on Newtown Creek, solve the riddle of the two-faced jewelers clock, interview 1880′s oil industry workers, play with electricity under the guidance of the inventor who sealed Edison’s fame, Afterparty 6pm @ Brooklyn Rail Office (99 Commercial St), More info
♫ Japanther / Team Spirit / Unstoppable Death Machines / Cool Serbia / Malcolm @ The Paper Box (17 Meadow St) 9pm, $10
• Adopt NY’s Pet Adoption Event @ McCarren Park, 12-4pm, More info
• Water Quality Event @ North Brooklyn Boat Club (49 Ash St) 3-7pm, an afternoon dedicated to stewardship for our local water bodies, the event will feature presentations from a number of local organizations including the Newtown Creek Alliance, Riverkeeper, Metropolitan Waterfront Alliance and New York City Water Trails Association. Also elebrate the arrival of the Capital to Capitol by Canoe expedition in NYC, More info
• Sewing Class @ Kill Devil HIll (170 Franklin St) 5-7pm, $30, basics in fitting, altering, and hand sewing, RSVP: 347.534.3088 or email killdevilhill (at) gmail.com, mention Greenpointers for $5 off!
• Gunk Under Greenpoint Bike Tour @ NAG (110 Kent Ave) 12pm, Come and tour industrial North Brooklyn and learn about “black mayonnaise” and the other nastiness that lurks beneath the surface of Newtown Creek and discuss the future of this rapidly developing neighborhood, RSVP
♫ Dum Dum Girls @ Europa (98 Meserole Ave) 7pm, $15
• 94th Precint Meeting @ Church of the Ascension (122 Java St) 7pm
WEDNESDAY 7/25 • Rally against Illegal Evictions & Landlord Harassment @ 191 Bedford Ave, 6pm, join victims of landlord harassment in North Brooklyn as they mobilize together and take direct action against shady slumlord tactics to displace them from their homes & community ♥ Dirty Dancing @ Summerscreen (McCarren Park) 6pm, Bands, Food, Music ♫ Shark? / Darlings / Celestial Shore / RElyse @ 285 Kent, 8pm, FREE ♫ Napoleon / Hard Nips / Visuals @ Big Snow (89 Varet St) 8pm, $7
THURSDAY 7/26 • Food & Kitchen Swap @ KRRB Headquarters (99 Richardson St., 2nd Fl) 6-9pm, $5 Presented by KRRB, Local Roots NYC & BK Swappers, Bring homemade, edible treats and non-edible kitchen items to trade with food-obsessed neighbors, potluck, free drinks, Buy Tix • Robots @ East River State Park (N 8th St & Kent Ave) 6:30pm, Town Square’s Summerstarz 2012 family music and movie series • Art Auction for Animal Farm Foundation @ Gristle Tattoo (178 N. 8th St) 7-10pm, Silent Auction, Beer, Wine, Snacks, 100% of proceeds go to Animal Farm Foundation * Newtown Creek: Past, Present, Future@ Flux Factory (39-31 29th St, LIC) 7pm, Eric Sanderson of the Mannahatta Project will share historical research collected on the Superfund site, with the aim of making information available to artists, designers, city planners, and other interested parties for widespread use in restoring its original splendor. Kate Zidar, Executive Director of Newtown Creek Alliance, will present information on the current state of the creek, including how community members can participate in materializing visions for its future, More info ♫ King Khan & The Shrines / Nicky Da B / The Everymen @ House of Vans (25 Franklin St) 7pm, Free
FRIDAY 7/27 ♫ The Nuclears / Starlight Girls / Backwords / Boy Girl Party / Old Monk @ Shea Stadium (20 Meadow St) 9pm, $8 RSVP ♫ You Are Here Festival @ Secret Project Robot (289 Melrose St) 8pm, $10, Xeno & Oaklander / Guardian Alien / Black Jeans / Uumans / Oracle ♫ Ancient Sky / Tournament / The Catalyst @ Death By Audio (49 S 2nd St) 8pm, $7
SATURDAY 7/28 • Brooklyn Waterfront Epic Ride, 8am-2pm, ride from Newtown Creek to Rockaway Beach, Register by Fri @ 3pm • Build Ghost Bikes @ Greenpoint Reformed Church (136 Milton St) 11am-4pm, More info ♫ Bushwick Block Party (Moore St Btw Bogart & White St) noon-midnight, free music (Andrew W.K. / HEEMS of Das Racist / Natural Child / Wild Yaks / Naam) free pizza, dunk tank, photo booth ♫ Yellow Dogs / Bambara / Osekre & The Lucky Bastards / Murals / Gunfight / Roadside Graves / The Dust Engineers / Lost Boy? / Red Bedlam @ Delinquency (1031 Grand St.) 2pm, $10
SUNDAY 7/29 • Williamsburg Bridge Park Community Planning Workshop @ The Woods (48 South 4th St) 3pm, Williamsburg Bridge Park is a vision for a new 4 acre waterfront park for Southside Williamsburg. Help imagine the possibilities. ♫ Golden Animals / Shining Mirrors / Divining Rod / Lead Stones @ Glasslands (289 Kent Ave) 8:30pm, $10
MONDAY 7/30 • Free Movie: Last Summer at Coney Island @ Sternberg Park (Montrose Ave @ Lorimer) 8-11pm, More info ♥ CoEd Shuffleboard @ The Diamond (43 Franklin St.) 7:30pm, $3pp, 8 teams compete to win $100 ♫ Public Enemy / Salt-n-Pepa @ Wingate Field (Brooklyn Ave and Winthrop St, Lefferts Gardens) 7:30pm, FREE
* Greenpointers’ Pick
♥ Pheremones Likely
♦ Art Event
FRIDAY 7/6 ♦ Cut-Up @ Storefront Bushwick (16 Wilson Ave) 6-9pm, “Cut Up” features 11 artists who shred, chop, clip, paste, and reconfigure a variety of materials to make collages, sculptures, and paintings, RSVP ♦ Modus Vivendi @ The Boiler (191 North 14th Street) 6-9pm, Nina Katchadourian, David Kramer, Jude Tallichet More info • Raise the Roof! Farm In The Sky @ Brooklyn Fireproof (119 Ingraham St) 7pm, DIY Rooftop Farming Workshop, Drink Specials, Food, Live Music, RSVP ♫ Northern Spy Festival w/ Colin L. Orchestra/Bird Names/Guardian Alien/K Salvatore @ Death By Audio (49 S 2nd St) $7, 8pm, All Ages, Country
SATURDAY 7/7 • Intensati in the Park @ McCarren Park, 10am, a new workout method that combines “high-energy aerobics, martial arts, yoga and strength conditioning,” along with “spoken affirmations.” Email Evangelias411 (AT) hotmail.com ♫ Lemuria/The Wild/Kudrow @ Europa (98 Meserole Ave) 6pm, $8, All ages, Pop-Punk
* Greenpointers’ Pick
♥ Pheremones Likely
♦ Art Event
Northside Festival is upon us and the schedule of events is massive! Not only are there music concerts, there is art, film and an entrepreneurial panel. If last year’s murky bike ride from Northside’s free booze “lounge” to a concert at St. Cecelia’s is any indication of how this weekend is going to go, I better stock up on B Vitamins now. While you can buy badges, there are many pay at the door and free concerts and art events. We put together a guide of concerts and events that will be a blast so navigating the huge festival will be easy for you.