Chili Cook-Off, Fondue Party, Dance Parties, Idiotarod and Bushwick Open Studios:What’s Happening Greenpoint (1/23-1/30)
“What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.”
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
We know it is cold out there but layer up and embrace winter, you will be complaining about how hot it is before you know it!
• Heavy Metal Laser Plane Comedy Show @ Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Ave.) 7-9pm, “Th
is lineup must have the flu (not really) because it’s totes fuckin SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” More info
• Greenpoint Chamber of Commerce Mixer @ Citi Storage (5 No. 11th St) 6:30-8:30pm
• Wild Yaks / Unstoppable Death Machines / Habibi / Violent Bullshit / Ken Southrock / DJ Dirtyfinger @ 285 Kent, 8pm, $10
♫Snowmine/Faye/Dalton @Glasslands (289 Kent) 8:30pm $10 RSVP
• The Shivers / The Sparrow / Scott Rudd / Paloma Gil @ Greenpoint Reformed Church (136 Milton St) 7:30-11pm, A night of beautiful, heartfelt, spiritually inspired music to celebrated Keith Zarriello’s (The Shiver’s) new solo project, Moon Casale
Brooklyn Art Show @NoBar BKNY (608 Nostrand Ave) 7-11pm, An all-star night of Art, Booze & Live Painting, featured artists: Jaded Vandeusen, Aric Calfee, Billy Roids and Trice.
♫Pluto Party: N.Y. Edition @Present Company (29 Wythe Ave) 9pm FREE, The Pluto party is a roving dance party emphasizing on the best vintage and contemporary dance music and a hand crafted, mind-expanding visual environment. RSVP
♫AWKWAFINA hosts the best dance party EVER @ The Flat (308 Hooper St) 11pm, A night of a pure madness by DJ KDS of East Village Radio, feat. Christian Coleman and special appearance by LYONS. RSVP and Video
• Idiotarod @ All Over Brooklyn, Noon, The IDIOTAROD is the urban version of the Alaskan Iditarod dogsled race – but instead of dogs, it’s people, instead of sleds, it’s shopping carts, and instead of the frozen Alaskan tundra, it’s frozen NYC, More info
• Après Ski Fondue Party @ Diamond Bar (43 Franklin St) 7pm, Duck Buddies / Plate Tectonics (Brew n’ Chew & Chili Cook-off Winners / Sunday Supper #1) serving up their best fondue.
• The G’it Down @ Huckleberry Bar (588 Grand St) 10pm, DJs AKAAP! & Young Rios, cheap drinks, Disco, Funk, Boogie, Hip-Hop, Rap, RSVP
• P.F.C John P Czachor VFW Post 5806 Junior Girls Unit Bake Sale @ 181 Grand St, 10am-3pm, Raising Money to go on their “big trip”
• Chili Cook-Off @ The Habitat (988 Manhattan Ave) 5:30-11:30pm, $5, Judge 10 Chili Competitors plus raffle prizes
• Open General Public Meeting Bushwick Open Studios @ Bat Haus Coworking Space (279 Starr St) 7-9pm, RSVP
•Dicks Open Mic @ The Creek and The Cave (10-93 Jackson Ave, LIC), Lottery of 10 comics doing 5 mins a piece. Interested in performing email dicksmondaymic (at)gmail.com
• Waterproof Towel Comedy Show @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave) 8:30-10pm, a new stand-up comedy show in Greenpoint hosted by Charlie Kasov and Susumu Kamijo, headliner will be the Reformed Whores, a two-woman musical comedy act.
♫Karlie Bruce/My Midnight Heart @ Manhattan Inn (632 Manhattan Ave) 10pm
FREE, Australian folk-rock singer Karlie Bruce is one of the many voices behind 17-piece Brooklyn disco project Escort. More Info
♫Super Crush Studio Present: The New___Sounds @ Bossa Nova Civic Club (1271 Myrtle Ave) 10pm-3am FREE, Presenting a night of music selected by new and up-and-coming artists. RSVP
* Greenpointers’ Pick
♥ Pheremones likely
♦ Art Event