Oil spill? Toxins? Plumes? Is Greenpoint safe? If you live or work here, you should be concerned about how your health is affected by these big problems. Please come and learn about the history behind our neighborhood’s toxic legacy and how it can be cleaned up. This important topic will be the focus of a discussion on Wednesday May 23, 2012 at 7pm in Anella’s backyard (222 Franklin St), in a panel moderated by Cara Canella of Speak Easy Series. Panelists include Kate Zidar of Newtown Creek Alliance, Laura Hoffman of O.U.T.R.A.G.E. (Organizations United for Trash Reduction and Garbage Equity), Mike Schade of Center for Health & Environmental Justice. RSVP: lincoln (at) lincolnrestler.org.
- Little Poland Gallery presents “Women for Women” Designers Sales Event (3/7-3/8)
- Say Farewell to Winter with this ‘Before Spring’ Beer-Pairing Dinner at Le Fond (03/11)
- Manhole covers explode along Norman Avenue!
- RIP DIY, An African Feast, Beat Nite 12 – What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (3/04–3/10)
- Citi Bike map hits Greenpoint streets!