Oil spill? Toxins? Plumes? Is Greenpoint safe? If you live or work here, you should be concerned about how your health is affected by these big problems. Please come and learn about the history behind our neighborhood’s toxic legacy and how it can be cleaned up. This important topic will be the focus of a discussion on Wednesday May 23, 2012 at 7pm in Anella’s backyard (222 Franklin St), in a panel moderated by Cara Canella of Speak Easy Series. Panelists include Kate Zidar of Newtown Creek Alliance, Laura Hoffman of O.U.T.R.A.G.E. (Organizations United for Trash Reduction and Garbage Equity), Mike Schade of Center for Health & Environmental Justice. RSVP: lincoln (at) lincolnrestler.org.
- Weekend Music Picks: From Club to Bluegrass with Headbanging in between (3/27-29)
- The NRIs at the Pine Box Rock Shop
- Beacon’s Closet 1 Year Anniversary 3/28-3/29
- Important Meeting Tonight: Update on Nuhart Superfund Site! Psst, the plume is migrating.
- TONIGHT – A Talk on Starting a New Business: What To Expect But You’re Not Expecting