Oil spill? Toxins? Plumes? Is Greenpoint safe? If you live or work here, you should be concerned about how your health is affected by these big problems. Please come and learn about the history behind our neighborhood’s toxic legacy and how it can be cleaned up. This important topic will be the focus of a discussion on Wednesday May 23, 2012 at 7pm in Anella’s backyard (222 Franklin St), in a panel moderated by Cara Canella of Speak Easy Series. Panelists include Kate Zidar of Newtown Creek Alliance, Laura Hoffman of O.U.T.R.A.G.E. (Organizations United for Trash Reduction and Garbage Equity), Mike Schade of Center for Health & Environmental Justice. RSVP: lincoln (at) lincolnrestler.org.
- America Yeah: Some Nighttime Celebrations after Brats Beer and Fireworks
- Canada D’eh, Rhinestone Gorilla, July 4th BBQs – What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (7/01–7/07)
- Last Day To Shop Adaptations Summer Pop-Up
- ‘Lobster Corn Dog’ Lands at Greenpoint Fish and Lobster Co.
- 5 Lame & Limiting Reasons That Keep You from Losing Weight (And how to work the shift out of it)