The Cinco de Mayo Launch Party at Greenpoint Heights last night was a blast! Here is a sneak peek at some of the photo booth shots. I foolishly thought I could automate this process but that is not the case. More to come…
Lincoln Restler is a great guy and good for Greenpoint. He has been supportive of Greenpointers, attends our events, supports the Greenpoint Church Soup Kitchen, helped with the Java Street Garden, wants to save the G train line extension and overall is great at getting community members involved!
* SAVE THE DATE – CINCO DE MAYO WEBSITE LAUNCH PARTY – May 5, 2012 * •Time/Location: TBD (not the bar.)
Thanks to Command C, the new website is gorgeous, easy to navigate and functional!
• Free, User-friendly Calendar – upload your own events!
• Free, Neighborhood Directory – submit a listing!
• Dedicated spot for local charities
• Dedicated spot for local pet rescue
What you can do:
• Submit a listing to the directory
• Add events to the calendar
• Send me info on your charity (include name, logo & website)
• Keep me updated on Pet Lost & Found & Adoptions
• DONATE TO THE NEW WEBSITE FUND!!!
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
I want to thank everyone who has participated in our events and the local businesses who have sponsored Greenpointers. Thanks to the many contributors who create great content that makes the website awesome!
Since I took over Greenpointers.com, each penny I have generated through events, raffles, classes and advertising has gone to the new website fund!
Meet me halfway. If you love Greenpointers.com and value the service we provide to the local community, then please make a donation to the new website fund! Any amount greatly helps! $1, $5, $10 – $100 – we accept donations in any amount.
(I considered doing a Kickstarter fundraising campaign, but I’d rather focus on creating fun events and good content than making mugs and t-shirts. I hope the content and community service we provide is enough of a “perk” for you to donate.)
The fundraising drive ends with a Cinco De Mayo Party on May 5, 2012! Details to come… (two words: MAJOR DANCE-PARTY!!!)
Any donation over $10 will automatically be entered into our raffle! (You don’t have to be there to win.) Local businesses, please consider donating to the raffle!
I want to thank everyone for making Greenpoint awesome! It is really a pleasure and honor to work on this website.
More info: email me greenpointers (at) gmail.com