In a desolate area under the Williamsburg Bridge, a show at 285 Kent brought the neighborhood out on Saturday night despite warnings of the derocho, or as some sources chose to report, “The Storm That Might Destroy New York City.” But inside the warehouse, beyond the rain and clouds of cigarette smoke, a wormhole of industrial noise and psychedelic guitars could be heard. Continue reading
- Flowers or Towers at CitiStorage lot? Activists plan City Hall Rally.
- The Freedom Garden, Dre Day, Puppets & Pasties – What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (2/25–3/03)
- TONIGHT in Greenpoint: HUFF THIS! plays at Coco 66 (10pm)
- Hot Stuff from Greenpoint: Heatonist to Launch a Hot Sauce Tasting Room
- Small Homeless Shelter opens on Russell Street