Despite their New-York-centric pun of a name, rock duo Jamaican Queens actually hail from Detroit. And on the very night their hometown filed for bankruptcy, the band’s equipment seemed destined for similar failure: time stretched on as they pleaded with the crowd for patience, a drum machine too high, vocals too low. But finally, when everything was in place, frontman Ryan Spencer electrified the crowd with his commanding vocals and an extensive musical arsenal behind him— what could best be described as an electronic-hip-hop-rock fusion— producing catchy, dance-ready glam-pop hits. Continue reading
- What’s Up With Cops Ticketing Jaywalkers at McGuinness?
- “Wear Sequins for Breakfast” & Sip + Shop at Vintage Shaun Pop-Up Tonight (3/6)
- “Life is a Nightmare” + More Brooklyn Music Videos & Show Roundup 3.6
- 03.06.14 Mixtape // We Are The Wilderness
- Art + Pasta Jewelry at New Franklin St Gallery Rekover Projects