Despite their New-York-centric pun of a name, rock duo Jamaican Queens actually hail from Detroit. And on the very night their hometown filed for bankruptcy, the band’s equipment seemed destined for similar failure: time stretched on as they pleaded with the crowd for patience, a drum machine too high, vocals too low. But finally, when everything was in place, frontman Ryan Spencer electrified the crowd with his commanding vocals and an extensive musical arsenal behind him— what could best be described as an electronic-hip-hop-rock fusion— producing catchy, dance-ready glam-pop hits. Continue reading
- Canada D’eh, Rhinestone Gorilla, July 4th BBQs – What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (7/01–7/07)
- Last Day To Shop Adaptations Summer Pop-Up
- ‘Lobster Corn Dog’ Lands at Greenpoint Fish and Lobster Co.
- 5 Lame & Limiting Reasons That Keep You from Losing Weight (And how to work the shift out of it)
- Greenpoint Landing Throws a Party & Doesn’t Invite the Community