Despite their New-York-centric pun of a name, rock duo Jamaican Queens actually hail from Detroit. And on the very night their hometown filed for bankruptcy, the band’s equipment seemed destined for similar failure: time stretched on as they pleaded with the crowd for patience, a drum machine too high, vocals too low. But finally, when everything was in place, frontman Ryan Spencer electrified the crowd with his commanding vocals and an extensive musical arsenal behind him— what could best be described as an electronic-hip-hop-rock fusion— producing catchy, dance-ready glam-pop hits. Continue reading
- Blizzard hits Greenpoint. Got your supplies?
- Valentine’s Market Vendors Preview!!! (2/8)
- $1 ICE CREAM SCOOPS TOMORROW AT NEW VAN LEEUWEN STORE!! (01/24)
- Word on the Curb: Ticketing blitz, Brazen Burglars, and more!
- The Greenpoint Get-Down, Lethal Lottery, Love Sundays – What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (1/21–1/27)