Despite their New-York-centric pun of a name, rock duo Jamaican Queens actually hail from Detroit. And on the very night their hometown filed for bankruptcy, the band’s equipment seemed destined for similar failure: time stretched on as they pleaded with the crowd for patience, a drum machine too high, vocals too low. But finally, when everything was in place, frontman Ryan Spencer electrified the crowd with his commanding vocals and an extensive musical arsenal behind him— what could best be described as an electronic-hip-hop-rock fusion— producing catchy, dance-ready glam-pop hits. Continue reading
- Homeless man dies in McGolrick Park & giving thanks this holiday season.
- Soup Bowl Fundraiser Recap! Donate to Soup Kitchen Today!
- Thanksgiving, Kunst-Giving, Etsy Popup – What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (11/26–12/02)
- Q & A with Greenpointer Eric Weiner of the Wild Honey Pie + Win Tickets to On The Mountain Season 2 Interactive Music Video Ski Trip
- Earle Sebastian, Swankers, & Sartorial Pursuits at Picture Farm