Despite their New-York-centric pun of a name, rock duo Jamaican Queens actually hail from Detroit. And on the very night their hometown filed for bankruptcy, the band’s equipment seemed destined for similar failure: time stretched on as they pleaded with the crowd for patience, a drum machine too high, vocals too low. But finally, when everything was in place, frontman Ryan Spencer electrified the crowd with his commanding vocals and an extensive musical arsenal behind him— what could best be described as an electronic-hip-hop-rock fusion— producing catchy, dance-ready glam-pop hits. Continue reading
- It’s Never JUST Pizza… Reconnect With the New Dating App Happn
- Historic march for Climate Change is happening this Sunday. The whole country will be there. Every Greenpointer should be there too.
- Get to Know Square Zeros Podcast and Website + ZeroFest Preview
- Opening Tonight: Matt Coats at Brouwerij Lane
- Rebel Alliance Saturday at TBD (9/20)