Despite their New-York-centric pun of a name, rock duo Jamaican Queens actually hail from Detroit. And on the very night their hometown filed for bankruptcy, the band’s equipment seemed destined for similar failure: time stretched on as they pleaded with the crowd for patience, a drum machine too high, vocals too low. But finally, when everything was in place, frontman Ryan Spencer electrified the crowd with his commanding vocals and an extensive musical arsenal behind him— what could best be described as an electronic-hip-hop-rock fusion— producing catchy, dance-ready glam-pop hits. Continue reading
- Yulair Launches in NYC // Win $1000 in Travel!
- Step back in time with Tony Wolf: “Greenpoint of View” remembers The Vitamen
- CMJ Showcase – The Suzan // Friend Roulette // Lazyeyes // Winstons // Shark Week – This Friday (10/24)
- Gowanus Open Studios this Weekend! (10/18-10/19)
- The Hook-Up – Rat Mites / Get Rich on AirBnB / Greenpoint Landing Park / Trash? NIMBY!