It is going to be an epic night for the Greenpoint art scene. Over 30 galleries and spaces are opening their doors from 6-9pm to show amazing local artwork. Then at 9pm, we are all meeting up at TBD (224 Franklin St) for a fun after party with food from Yummy Eats and awesome music from DJ Ning Nong and the Brooklyn Soul Club!
For more information on all the galleries participating: CLICK HERE.
Walking to all those galleries and seeing amazing artwork is going to leave you hungry. When you see what Yummy Eats is serving at the after party you will be drooling. Be sure to stop by 3/10/12 at 9pm to TBD (224 Franklin St) and pick up some of this delicious grub. Music by DJ Ning Nong and Brooklyn Soul Club.
Greenpointers Gallery Tour Participating Galleries:
• Booklyn (37 Greenpoint Ave, 4th Fl) AWKHOLD #2: Exhibition + Edition Release Artwork by Sam Kalda, Annemieke Beemster Leverenz, Andrew Liang, Aimee Lusty, Becca McCharen, Asa Osbourne, Jan Razauskus, Jason Roy, Ryan Jacob Smith, Crystal Stokowski, Christine Tillman, and Erin Womack. With guest curator Jason Kachadourian, More info
• Brouwerij Lane (78 Greenpoint Ave) Cars & Drivers Artwork by Subtexture, More info
• Camel Art Space (722 Metropolitan Ave) First Truth Artwork by: Gina Beavers, Megan Hays, Sara Hubbs, Janelle Iglesias, Sara Jones, Siobhan McBride and Danielle Mysiliwiec, More info
• Camel Artspace (722 Metropolitan Ave) PROJECT Space: Yuka Otani, More info
• Causey Contemporary (92 Wythe Ave) Mesmer Eyes Artwork by Kathy Goodell, More info
• TheCeeflat Gallery (988 Manhattan Ave) I am Human Artwork by Mandy Gor & Kevin Corcoran, More info
• Eat (124 Meserole Ave) Pottery and Tea: Reviving Ancient Traditions Artwork by: Arla Bascom & Jordan Colón
• Forgotten City (67 West St #220) Forgotten City Artwork by: Noah Sparkes, Alison Corrie, Morgan Sheasby, Ryan Crozier-Piguet, Nicole Fulmer, Shawn Foulis
• Fowler Arts Collective (67 West St #216) Buy Local Artwork by: Susan Fang, Maria Rajewski, Samuel Stabler, Brian Willmont, More info
• From The Source (69 West St) Through Archtypes Artwork by: Alison Corrie, Allison Maletz, Matthew Trvyge Tung
• James Dinerstein (1205 Manhattan Avenue, Room 1-2-4) Newtown Creek Series Artwork by James Dinerstein, More info
• Janet Kurnatowski (205 Norman Ave) Morphed Artwork by James O Clark, Sandra Casti, Frosty Myers, Gelah Penn, Heidi Pollard, Kris Scheifele, Rebecca Smith, More info
• The Mark Bar (1025 Manhattan Ave) Fear Machines & Sundries Artwork by Joshua Kibuka
• the one well (165 Greenpoint Ave) unexpected party Artwork by Dana L. Crossan • Pierogi (177 North 9th St) Unreliable Narrator Artwork by Ward Shelly, More info
• OWS Space Team @ HyperallergicHQ (181 N11th St, #302) Lapsed Logic Artwork by Ingrid Burrington
• R Bar (451 Meeker) Personal Space Photography by Fabian Palencia, More info
• Round Robin Collective @ Arts@Renaissance (2 Kingsland Ave, Garden Level) Hospitality Installations by Amanda Browder, “Prismatic Vortex,” Caroline Burghardt, “DIY Blizzard,” Kyla Ernst-Alper, “breathe….,” Kerry Laitala’s film performance at 7pm, More info
On March 10, 2012, Greenpointers is organizing a gallery tour of the neighborhood in order to participate in the festivities of armory and the other art fair events around town.
Many of the galleries will stay open late (from 6-9pm) and the WG News will be dedicating a full page for a map of the tour that guests will be able to carry from gallery to gallery. Hyperallergicwill also be sponsoring the event. Its going to be a lot of fun, similar to Williamsburg 2:nd Fridays and Beat Nite in Bushwick. Greenpoint’s “art scene” needs this!
I am writing to ask you for information and for participation.
* YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE AN ART GALLERY IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE *
* If you are an artist/art organization/curator in the area and have a show that will be up during that time, then you can be on the map. (or you can organize one ASAP!)
* If you are a local business (cafe, bar, store, etc) in the area and you will be featuring artwork and want to stay open late that night, then you can be on the map.
* AFTER PARTY!!! We need an afterparty location in Greenpoint. If you would like to host, let me know!
The more neighborhood participation, the bigger and more fun the event will be.
It is FREE to participate, all you have to do is send me the following ASAP:
Name of Gallery/Business/Art Organization:
Name of Show:
Artist(s) in Show:
Date Show Will Be Running:
** Also, here is the list of galleries/spaces participating, please take a look and let me know if I am forgetting anyone…
2. Fowler Arts
3. Janet Kurnatowski
4. Causey Contemporary
5. Ugly Art Room
6. Yes Gallery
7. The One Well
8. Yashar Gallery & Brooklyn Art Studios
9. Brouwerij Lane
Not confirmed: Splatterpool, Pierogi, Greenpoint Gallery, Real Fine Arts, Triple Canopy, G-Spot
I am sorry for the last minute nature of this request. The event is a month away but in order to get everything into print, I need information very soon. If you can’t get me information right away but still want to participate I may be able to still include you on the map and I will be updating the website after the map is in print.
This will be the first of many Greenpointers Gallery Tours, so stay tuned…