Here’s a happy story to brighten your day: a stolen Greenpoint pup has been returned to his owners!
On August 30th Greenpoint couple Allie Caran and Zach Botham went out to buy birthday gifts for their French bulldog Oliver and came home to find their apartment on Manhattan Ave. burglarized and their beloved pooch missing.
“We were robbed of everything, and then when we realized Oliver was missing we completely freaked out,” Caran told the
. The New York Post Post reported $18,000 worth of stolen items were taken from the apartment in addition to the couple’s most prized possession, Oliver. Continue reading
Machito at Human@Ease
• Cringeworthy: MTA is talking about
selling subway station names to corporations, but the names would be “accurate and help orient customers as they navigate the MTA network,” like Macy’s 34th St – to shopping of course. What would they call the G Nassaue & Greenpoint Ave stops? Polonia Nassau? The Garden G?
• This happened:
Smallest Dick Contest (via Brokelyn)
• “The Peranza is an all-for-one effort, in which the common goal of moving the Giglio subsumes all class distinctions.”
Inside the Giglio Lift (Greenline)
• They don’t have it for the G (not surprising) but a website
predicts temps on L train platform during the recent heat wave (Bushwick Daily)
• Flickr is cool again with
photo generated maps. If I remembered my password I’d login and show you a #Greenpoint map… (Animal)
5 shot in Bushwick on Saturday (ABCLocal)
Category: News, The Hook-Up
Tags: blogs, brooklyn blogs, brooklyn news, Bushwick, Greenpoint, greenpoint news, links, local, website, Williamsburg
• It’s Rental Season, 5 Things to Look Out For In Your Lease (Brokelyn)
• Riding through a fire hydrant on your bike in the heat is fun, right?
10 Things You Should Know About Open Fire Hydrants (Bushwick Daily)
• New Greenpoint Restaurant
Luksus Reviewed By Grub Street
• Got A Greenpoint Restaurant?
Inspection Reform That Might Not Suck (Greenpoint Gazette)
• New Restaurant:
The Elm Coming To King & Grove (Free Williamsburg via Du Jour)
No G Train? No Problem (Brokelyn)
Flag Burner is a Greenpointer (Gothamist)
• Not Surprising,
Teens Arrested At McCarren Park Pool (Brooklyn Paper)
Map Lauren Carol Smith on Bedford & Bowery
• In what
Bedford & Bowery call “Berry Hill” North Brooklynites clad in polos and khakis are giving the area a Manhattan feel.
• Locavores, foragers and jammers take heed, there is
a map of all urban plants that are edible! ( Via Animal)
• Nationally, it’s
getting better to get gay married, now we need to get the rest of the 37 homophone states on board. (NY Times)
Alligator parts found in Williamsburg (FreeWilliamsburg)
• Bushwick Daily reports on
an art show at Pumps - our local titty bar.
• Watch out Citibike users…
more tickets for cyclists in Brooklyn (Gothamist)
• As they bid farewell,
Silent Drape Runners releases a digital mix tape (Brooklyn Based)
Brooklyn Bike Patrol will be back and needs volunteers! (Brokelyn)
• We don’t get usually get all gaga over social media attention but we were majorly honored when
Audubon Society retweeted Greenpointers’ recent story on Birds of McGolrick Park!
North Brooklyn News
• DNA Info: Williamsburg Antique Store Owner Arrested for Alleged Sexual Assault: Greenpointers had a lot to say about “this guy” Joseph Loiacono (left) on our Facebook page.
• ABC Local:
Vehicle hits woman, 2 children in East Williamsburg - Neighbors literally pulled victims from underneath the crash.
• Fire on Dupont Results in Tragic Death of Greenpointer
• Running red lights ain’t worth it, according to Gothamist
Cyclist Slapped With $1,555 In Fines During A Single Traffic Stop
• Grub Street:
Greenpoint’s No Name Bar Swaps Out Ramen for Thai Fishball Noodle Soup. Food service starts at 4pm; we cannot wait to try the new menu (above).
Greenpoint Real Estate Development
In Response to Our Story
“Huge Greenpoint Development Underway?”:
• Curbed: Plans For Greenpoint’s 10 Luxury Towers Moving Forward
• Gothamist: Greenpoint Developer Wants to Build 10 Huge Towers, Giant Bridge
• Free Williamsburg: Goodbye ‘Boardwalk Empire Set’, Hello Trashy Miami Style Condo Complex?
• Queens NYC:
East Rockaway Inlet to be dredged this Fall, Rockaway Beach gets that sand to help with beach erosion
• These movie lists via
Brooklyn Based rule! Netflix Instant Movies from Paste and HTML Giant
• Greenpointers’ upcoming show at Delinquency was listed on
Brokleyn’s Your Complete Guide to Free Shows at the CMJ 2012 Music Marathon!
• Ed Notes: Parents Sue SUNY Over Charter School Authorization
Mommy Poppins: List of Indoor Play Areas in Greenpoint