According to @NYCmayorsOffice:
- L train is running every ten minutes between Manhattan and Brooklyn!
- The gas shortage is a serious enough problem that “starting at 6AM tomorrow drivers with license plates ending in odd numbers only can buy gas on odd-numbered days (i.e. 9th) and even on even days … Emergency vehicles; buses; para-transit vehicles; commercial vehicles; taxis and licensed liveries are exempt from alternate-day gas order.”
What do you think about this plan to alternate days for buying gas?
If it’s too far to walk or bike…
Subway recovery MAP (as of November 3)
- G Train
Completely suspended. No surprise, it’s the G!
- L Train
Partial service is in operation between Broadway Junction and Rockaway Parkway. No word when local stops or service to Manhattan will be open.
- E Train
Service to and from Manhattan via Court Square is suspended.
- 7 train
Limited 7 train service has resumed in both directions from the Times Square-42 Street Station to the Flushing-Main Street Station.
Follow All Trains NYC @NYCTrains on twitter for latest updates.
Subways to Manhattan via Queens -
- Queens Plaza F/M trains are operating into Manhattan to 63rd/Lex.*
- Queensboro Plaza N trains are running as far as Times Square.*
- Vernon Blvd 7 train to Manhattan is now running.*
*You can take the B62 bus from Manhattan Ave to the F/M at Queens Plaza and N/R to Queensboro Plaza. Why does everyplace in Queens have to have the same name?
*You can also take B62 or walk over the Pulaski Bridge to the 7 at Vernon Blvd.
Brooklyn Bus MAP
The B62 and B43 are both running North/South from Manhattan Ave.
East River Ferry stops in Greenpoint and South Williamsburg will remain closed until further notice, as damage continues to be assessed.
Ferries from North Williamsburg (at North 6th Street) will start at 7AM, and the last ferries will leave Manhattan from E 34th Street and Wall Street/Pier 11 at 6PM. The ferries will arrive at each stop in 15-minute intervals.
More detailed info from NY Waterway’s Advisory Details.
The harbors are open and a new supply of gas is coming in. Supposedly HESS is the best. You can search for gas stations in the area here.