Free Cities, Skate Night, Pussy Power, Hip Hop Karaoke, Easter Craft Fair, Russian Circles: What’s Happening Greenpoint? (3/27-4/2)
• Newtown Creek CAG Meeting @ LaGuardia Community College (31-10 Thomson Ave, E Building, Room E500) 6-8pm, a conversation with the EPA and NYCDEP about Superfund and Newtown Creek
♦ Free Cities Party NYC-Flint @ Metropolitan Exchange (33 Flatbush Ave) 8-10pm, silent auction, crepes, virtual tours, booze from Michigan, RSVP
* Daiquiris & Dub @ Beloved (674 Manhattan Ave) 9pm, DJ Kahncept spinning heady dub and reggae, $7 Denizen Rum cocktails
♫ Gondola / Helioscope / Jeremy Mark Freer / Satellite Radion @ Bar Matchless (557 Manhattan Avenue) 7pm, $6
♥ Is Feminism Sexy? @ Word (126 Franklin St) 7pm, Jennifer Armstrong discusses what feminism means to young women today, RSVP
* Skate Night Rockaway Benefit @ Villain (50 N 3rd St) 9pm, FREE, live music, dj’s, mini ramps, art auction, raffle and prizes, food and drinks, RSVP
♥ Pussy Power Aerial & Variety Show @ House of Yes (342 Maujer St, Bushwick) 8pm, $15, estrogen-fueled super-circus celebrating the Va-J-J herself, RSVP
♫ Dichroics / Circle of Buzzards / Dead Stars @ Saint Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave) 8pm, $10
♫ Reggae Bash @ RBar (451 Meeker Ave) 9:30pm, FREE, 3 Kings Sound, RSVP
♫ Archipelago / Belle Mare / Ora Cogan @ Silent Barn (603 Bushwick Ave) 8pm
♫ the Howling Hex / Blanche Blanche Blanche / Harpoon Forever @ Secret Project Robot (389 Meserole St, Bushwick) 8pm, $10, RSVP
♫ The Beets / Wild Yaks / Air Waves / Darlings / Beach Arabs @ Living Bread Deli (2 Knickerbocker Ave) 8pm, $10
♫ Bear Ceuse / Lightouts @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St) 8pm, $8
* Hip Hop Karaoke @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave) 9pm, $5 w/flyer
* Easter Egg Hunt @ McGolrick/Winthrop Park, 11am, $5, Pack a picnic lunch and celebrate the start of spring!
• Compost Harvest & Housecleaning @ North Brooklyn Compost Project (McCarren Park, N12th St and Driggs) 1-4pm, harvest compost, take some home, help fancy up the site
♥ Meat All About It @ TBD (214 Franklin St) 2pm, “lets make Misteaks together … bringing back the STEAK! and other yummy outdoor food, DJs Greg Smith & the Broken English at 6pm
♫ Ed Schrader’s Music Beat / Jamaican Queens / Free Blood / Zula @ Shea Stadium (20 Meadow St) 8pm, $8
SUNDAY 3/31 – Happy Easter!
♦ Easter Craft Fair @ Fashion Rock (372 Tompkins Ave, Bed-Stuy) 4-10pm, More info
♫ Unstoppable Death Machines / Fake Hooker / Respect / Laughters / Mtns. @ Silent Barn (603 Bushwick Ave) 8pm
♫ Russian Circles @ Saint Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave) 8pm
• North Brooklyn Boat Club Public Meeting @ Rod & Gun Club (59 Kent Ave) 8pm, Featuring: Paddles, boat building, boathouses, urban camping, gardens, ecology, and dolphins!
* Greenpointers’ Pick
♥ Pheremones likely
♦ Art Event
Greenpoint Church is awesome and this Sunday they are having an Easterpalooza. Aside from the millions of amazing activities, like make your own baseball card on the ancient letterpress in the basement and get your portrait taken in your Easter Sunday’s best, there will be a dessert contest from 2:30-3:30!!! So be there, bring your best dessert and enjoy the day with some really rad people! See you there!