No Light No Lycra, the weekly dancing in the dark party at Lutheran Church of the Messiah (129 Russell St) is having a special group show benefit on December 14th, 2013 to benefit Common Ground, a homeless outreach program. Tickets are only $7! (in advance), $10 at the door.
100% of ticket sales will be donated!
Luke Temple (of Here We Go Magic)
Jo Schornikow (of Phosphoresent)
Laura & Greg
& DJ Pumpkin Patch
Are you a freelancer, co-worker, artist, work from hom-er, unemployed? Or maybe you just hate your job. No office? No problem! Just because aren’t chained to a desk doesn’t mean you should let the midtown drone/zombie/suits of the world have all the fun this holiday season.
(It’s not in Greenpoint, but it’s just off the G and worth the trip!)
We’ll have all the trappings of a holiday affair — live-band karaoke from Bunnie England & The New Originals, dance tunes from DJs Brian Blackout & Spoolwork (Head On, YDH2S) and Mr. Nyse, a FREE photo booth by Marofoto, food and a holiday gift items raffle — and some too-cool-for-cubicle bonuses including $3 punch for the first hour ($5 after), sexy Santa and lady Santa, a set from the ladies of Handjob Academy and a special guest comedian!
Come join your favorite blogs and dance like your boss isn’t watching all night long.
Hosted by Jo Firestone, co-creator of Punderdome 3000 and the Tiny Comedy Club.
An unobstructed view of the Manhattan skyline presented itself once I passed through the gates of CitiStorage at 5 N. 11th St just before midnight.
The Empire State Building radiated red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet for Pride Weekend in the background. In the foreground, armies of red, green and blue specks bobbed and darted across the dance floor. A DJ battle, organized by Quiet Events and sponsored by the Greenpoint Chamber of Commerce, was being waged. Continue reading →
♥ My Bloody Masquerade Burlesque @ TBD (224 Franklin St) 8pm, Free before 12am, $5 after, wear a mask, devilish burlesque & ghoulish tunes by DJ Sam Hyde (a.k.a. Sal Paradise), prizes, zombie booth
• Ghosts & Ghouls Halloween Party @ St. Stan’s Post 1771 (519 Leonard St) 8pm, $20, beer, wine, snacks, live DJ, hosted by Sons of the American Legion
♫ Neon Halloween @ Cameo Gallery (93 N. 6th St) 1pm, $12, DJ sets by Neon Indiand & Chrome Crayon, Glow Goodies Provided
• Grand Opening Williamsburg East Side Flea Market @ PS 132 (320 Manhattan Ave) 11am-5pm, More info
• Howl – O – Ween Dog Costume Party & Contest @ McCarren Park Dog Run, 12pm-3pm, doggy photo portraits, a DJ, raffled prizes, and sponsor tables to connect local businesses with the community, More info
• Children’s Halloween Parade @ Polish & Slavic Center (176 Java St) 2-5pm, march down Manhattan Avenue to Driggs Avenue, and loop back to Java where a spooktacular movie/party will follow.
* Bushwick Halloween Photo Walk with Meryl Meisler @ Mam Joy’s (1084 Flushing Ave) 2pm, stroll the streets of Bushwick, talk to people we encounter and mainly take a lotsa pictures! Just like Meryl Meisler used to do in the 1980s. More info
• Very Spooky Boat Tour @ South Street Seaport, Pier 16, 4:30-6:30pm, $20, a twilight tour aboard a (possibly) haunted NYC Water Taxi up into the mysterious and meandering industrial waterway, Newtown Creek, More info
♫ Bardo Thodol Halloween Show with Flown / Delphic Sybil / Holy God / La Guadalupe / Rat Attack @ Secret Project Robot (389 Melrose St) 8pm
• Shuffleboard Competition @ The Diamond (43 Franklin St) 7:30pm, $6/team, $100 to Winners!
• Taboo Foods @ Public Assembly (70 No. 6th St) 7-9pm, Free Lecture by Masters of Social Gastronomy
*** HALLOWEEN – WEDNESDAY - 10/31 ***
♫ Hallowmas With World Inferno Friendship Society @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave) 7pm, $22
• Greenpoint Zombie Crawl, begins @ Brouwerij Lane (78 Greenpoint Ave) 8pm, More info
* Greenpointers Toxic Codependent Halloween Dance Party @ Greenpoint Heights (278 Nassau Ave) 9pm, FREE, Music by Mr. NYSE, Kissing Booth, Couples Therapy Cocktail Special, Partner up as the most sick and twisted, messed up couple you can think of, RSVP
* Greenpointers’ Pick
♥ Pheremones Likely
♦ Art Event
Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 4pm, marks the first event The Friends of McGolrick Park are hosting for the community. Held in conjunction with Town Square, they have created an event for the whole family to enjoy!
DJ Greg Stare will be spinning records under the pavilion while the promenade will be used as a dance floor. The Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts of American will be on hand to help out.
Plus, a Polish Polka dance troop will be on hand to teach people how to polka! Greenpointers of all ages are encouraged to come out and shake a leg. Bring a picnic to enjoy, the weather is supposed to be amazing. Enjoy it while you can!
The Friends of McGolrick Dance Party
McGolrick Park Pavilion
Saturday, Sept. 22
4:00pm – 7:00 pm
Did you come to the Greenpointers Gallery Tour After Party? Remember that awesome DJ that was making you shake it all night long? That is Brooklyn Soul Club with Jack Dutone! It’s the slickest hip-hop and finest soul music dance party around!
Don’t miss Brooklyn Soul Club this Friday April 6th at 10pm at Kinfolk Studios!
***Brooklyn Soul Club is every first Friday at Kinfolk Studios, 90 Wythe Ave***