It’s that time of year again. One of the most fun art festivals in North Brooklyn is accepting artwork from now until May 5, 2013. All mediums are accepting as long as they pertain to hardware. Crest Art Show will take place on Saturday June 8, 2013.
Category: Art/Music, Culture
Tags: art, art open call, Brooklyn, brooklyn art, call for art, call for artists, Crest Fest, crest hardware, Greenpoint, jen g, Williamsburg
It’s that time of year again! Crest Hardware
(536 Metropolitan Ave) is hosting the 3rd Annual Pumplin Carving Contest
on Saturday October 20, 2012 from 7-11pm.
What better way to kick start your Halloween!
Admission to attend the event is FREE. There is only a charge to enter the contest (see rules below)
This is an ALL ages event! Attending in your Halloween Costume is encouraged (and more fun!) but is not required.
- $5 to register with up to 4 pumpkins.
-All pumpkins must be carved and completed upon arrival.
-Registration to enter the Crest Arts 2012 Pumpkin Carving Contest will take place at Crest Hardware from 7:00pm to 8:00pm, on October 20th.
-Voting will take place from 8:15pm to 9:00pm on October 20th, 2012.
Sponsored Post Courtesy of Crest Hardware.
A free, self guided tour of private gardens in Willamsburg. On Saturday afternoon, September 15th, from 2-5pm, 7 households will open their doors and invite you to see the green spaces they’ve created and lovingly tend. All the gardens are within walking and biking distance of Crest Hardware and Urban Garden Center. More info.
• Cider Week Continues
• Greenpointers CMJ Guide
• Weekly Events Listing
• Collaborative Means@ Flux Factory (39-31 29th St, LIC) 7pm, FREE, A series of artists working collaboratively and collectively, relying on cooperative strategies for the realization of ambitious projects. Talks, screenings, and live performances. More info
• Smiths Karaoke@ Black Rabbit (91 Greenpoint) 8pm, 2 mics & some Cure songs available, too.
• Public Hearing: Open Space Alliance @ Swinging Sixties Senior Center (211 Ainslie) 6:30-8pm, discuss relocation East River State Park Concerts
• Pretty Things Babayaga Launch Party @ Brouwerij Lane (78 Greenpoint) 7-10pm, Jim Garnes spins you favorite soviet hits
• The L Mag & Northside Festival’s A Very Unofficial CMJ Party @ Cameo Gallery (93 N 6th St) 1:30pm-4:30pm, FREE, performances by Hunters, PUJOL, Widowspeak, Forest Fire & Heavenly Eat
• Supper Club @ Greenpoint Reformed Church (106 Milton) 6:30pm, $20, 4 Course Vegetarian Meal with Cocktails, plus performance by Holler, Benefits Soup Kitchen, RVSP annefay (at) gmail.com. More info
• Paul Duncan Opening Reception @ Allan Nederpelt Fine Arts (60 Freeman) 6-9pm, More info
• Open Call Show @ Greenpoint Gallery (390 McGuinness) 8pm, Open Call for Artists in all Mediums, win $200 & solo exhibition, More info
• Ugly Art Room Presents All That Remains @ Picture Farm (338 Wythe) Opening Reception 7-9pm, An International Collage Exhibition of Epic Proportions, Sponsored by Narragansett beer, Music by DJ Ning Nong RSVP
• BK Diggers 150th Anniversary Celebration @ McGolrick Park, 1-4pm, a collective of activists, artists and historians whose aim is to reclaim the psycho geography of our neighborhoods and expose ignored perspectives in history
• Tiger Beer Tasting & Pumpkin Carving Contest @ Crest Hardware & Urban Garden Center (558 Metropolitan) 8-11:30pm, $5 to enter contest, food by Brooklyn Kitchen, More info
• Vibes to Touch Open Mic & Art Show @ TBD (224 Franklin) 9pm, FREE, Performance by Aisling Peartree, Artwork by Rico Tomas, Poetry By: Fiya, Ada Reyes, Bert Tejeda, D.Limones, Jendog LoneWolf RSVP
• 48 HRS @ Camel Art Space (722 Metropolitan) 12pm-12am, artists meet for a marathon art-making session, sleep over in the space and exhibit their work the next day. The entire event will take place over a 48-Hrs, RSVP
• Newtown Creek Boat Tours @ Pier 17 South Street Seaport, 10-12/1-3, $10. Charter tours the length of the Newtown Creek. Buy Tickets
• Brokelyn.com’s Brokedown Throwdown @ Public Assembly (70 N6) 3-7pm, $5, Sixpoint Open Bar 3-4pm, “Yo Momma So Broke” Contest, Costume Contest, Mushroom Ride
• Carve for Farms Benefit @ Warsaw (261 Driggs) 4-8pm, $10 Kids/$12 Adults, a Greenpoint-Williamsburg CSA pumkin carving and food fest benefit for farms devastated by Hurricane Irene. Pumpkin Pierogis!
• The Mac Off @ Huckleberry Bar (588 Grand) 5-8pm, $10 to judge & eat, Free to compete: email info (at) theclaque.org, proceeds benefit The Claque RSVP
• County Fair Opening Party @ Orange Marmalade (421 Graham) 6-9pm, Vintage Men’s & Women’s, Kitchenware, Oddities, Whisky! More info
• Momofuku Milk Bar Book Event with Christina Tosi
@ The Brooklyn Kitchen
(100 Frost) Christina will show you some of her sweet and savory recipes and you can get a signed copy of the book at a discount, RSVP
• EPA Newtown Creek Superfund Public Meetings @ St. Nick’s Alliance (2 Kingsland, Garden Level) 20m, 4pm, 7pm, 9pm, An informal public info session hosted by the EPA to discuss upcoming field work at the Newtown Creek Superfund site as part of the first phase of the remedial investigation. EPA representatives will be available to answer questions.
Tags: all that remains, allan nederpelt, BK Diggers, Black Rabbit, brooklyn fork and spoon, brouwerij lane, camel art space, christina tosi, cider week, cmj, county fair, crest hardware, events, flux factory, Greenpoint, greenpoint gallery, huckleberry bar, james hancock, jen g, L Mag, LIC, long island city, momofuku milk bar, Northside Festival, orange marmalade, OSA, paul duncan, pete's candy store, TBD, the brooklyn kitchen, Ugly Art Room, vibes to touch, Williamsburg, williamsburg-greenpoint csa