Artwork by Tamara Garvey
Do you have love in your heart and room in your home to adopt a – CHICKEN? (Epoch Times)
Lab grown burger in London didn’t taste so great, and took 2 years and $325,000 to make! (NY Times)
Bedwick: “No matter how much any reasonable person howls, real estate hustlers are always trying to think of new names for Brooklyn neighborhoods.” (Brokelyn)
• “I’m literally paid to look at beautiful girls — how
hard is that?” Chat with Pumps Barback (Bedford and Bowery)
• Shine off your ice skates –
rink posibly coming to McCarren Park Pool (GWAPP)
“Operation Snow Cone” Ice Cream truck sold drug pops! (NY Post)
• Historical DUKBO – “
down under the Kosciuszko Bridge onramp” (Queens Brownstoner)
Brokleyn interviews Booklyn’s Ariana Misfelt, Maya Taylor and Aimee Lusty about the 24 hour Zine Challenge (Video)
Machito at Human@Ease
• Cringeworthy: MTA is talking about
selling subway station names to corporations, but the names would be “accurate and help orient customers as they navigate the MTA network,” like Macy’s 34th St – to shopping of course. What would they call the G Nassaue & Greenpoint Ave stops? Polonia Nassau? The Garden G?
• This happened:
Smallest Dick Contest (via Brokelyn)
• “The Peranza is an all-for-one effort, in which the common goal of moving the Giglio subsumes all class distinctions.”
Inside the Giglio Lift (Greenline)
• They don’t have it for the G (not surprising) but a website
predicts temps on L train platform during the recent heat wave (Bushwick Daily)
• Flickr is cool again with
photo generated maps. If I remembered my password I’d login and show you a #Greenpoint map… (Animal)
5 shot in Bushwick on Saturday (ABCLocal)
Category: News, The Hook-Up
Tags: blogs, brooklyn blogs, brooklyn news, Bushwick, Greenpoint, greenpoint news, links, local, website, Williamsburg
• We don’t get usually get all gaga over social media attention but we were majorly honored when
Audubon Society retweeted Greenpointers’ recent story on Birds of McGolrick Park!
North Brooklyn News
• DNA Info: Williamsburg Antique Store Owner Arrested for Alleged Sexual Assault: Greenpointers had a lot to say about “this guy” Joseph Loiacono (left) on our Facebook page.
• ABC Local:
Vehicle hits woman, 2 children in East Williamsburg - Neighbors literally pulled victims from underneath the crash.
• Fire on Dupont Results in Tragic Death of Greenpointer
• Running red lights ain’t worth it, according to Gothamist
Cyclist Slapped With $1,555 In Fines During A Single Traffic Stop
• Grub Street:
Greenpoint’s No Name Bar Swaps Out Ramen for Thai Fishball Noodle Soup. Food service starts at 4pm; we cannot wait to try the new menu (above).
Greenpoint Real Estate Development
In Response to Our Story
“Huge Greenpoint Development Underway?”:
• Curbed: Plans For Greenpoint’s 10 Luxury Towers Moving Forward
• Gothamist: Greenpoint Developer Wants to Build 10 Huge Towers, Giant Bridge
• Free Williamsburg: Goodbye ‘Boardwalk Empire Set’, Hello Trashy Miami Style Condo Complex?
• Queens NYC:
East Rockaway Inlet to be dredged this Fall, Rockaway Beach gets that sand to help with beach erosion
• These movie lists via
Brooklyn Based rule! Netflix Instant Movies from Paste and HTML Giant
• Greenpointers’ upcoming show at Delinquency was listed on
Brokleyn’s Your Complete Guide to Free Shows at the CMJ 2012 Music Marathon!
• Ed Notes: Parents Sue SUNY Over Charter School Authorization
Mommy Poppins: List of Indoor Play Areas in Greenpoint