Last Wednesday night a very special culinary collaboration took place on Humboldt Street. Hosted by Brooklyn Brewery, it was called Dinner Party No.1, and was special for three reasons:
1. The event took place at the brand new ‘Humboldt & Jackson’ (434 Humboldt St), an American Bar and Tasting Room just the other side of the BQE.
2. The evening involved a delicious 6-course meal using the wares of local producers and revolving around the unique fermented seasonings developed by the Kaizen Trading Company (KTC), the experimental culinary research lab founded by Momofuku.
* Newtown Creek Community Advisory Group Meeting @ LaGuardia Community College (31-10 Thomson Ave, E Building, Room E501) 6:30pm, FREE, NYS Department of Health will present on the final health assessment for Newtown Creek, give an update on the health outcomes review, and describe work to educate the public about fish consumption advisories in the creek, More info
* Trivia Night @ Brooklyn Brewery (79 North 11th St) 6:30pm, $25, WNET celebrates the upcoming documentary Brooklyn Best with THIRTEEN-themed trivia, More info
☺ Comedy Night @ Adelina’s (159 Greenpoint Ave) 10pm, FREE, With Malwina Andruczyk / John Mahone / Brian McDonald / Alan Yaspan, RSVP
* Terrariums & Tastings @ Brooklyn Craft Co (61 Greenpoint Ave) 7pm, $70, An evening of terrarium-making sampling Brooklyn-made spirits and snacks, More info
THURSDAY 5/22 * Chez Bushwick Presents Artists-in-Residence Two-Night Show @ Center for Performance Research (361 Manhattan Ave) 7:30pm, $12, Four local emerging and established choreographers: Effie Bowen, Gabrielle D’Angelo, Mei Yamanaka, Nicole Roerick, and Stuart Shungg, Buy tix
* Steady Running of the Hour Party @ Cloud City (85 North 1st St) 7:30pm, FREE, A reading / reception / potluck / party / salon in honor of Justin Gakuto Go’s book release, RSVP ♫ RAW: Natural Born Artists @ Brooklyn Night Bazaar (165 Banker St) 8pm, $17, A multi-faceted artistic showcase featuring local, hand-picked talent, More info Continue reading →
Tomorrow evening, Brooklyn Brewery will host a fundraiser for Neighbors Allied for Good Growth (NAG), during which staff from restaurants and bars all around North Brooklyn will go head to head in a shucking competition– oyster shucking, that is, along with cocktail crafting, and ladies’ arm wrestling.
NAG, in case you’re unfamiliar, is a local non-profit dedicated to affordable housing, development, and green space, among other noble causes. Continue reading →
WEDNESDAY 4/23 ♥ Cataclysm! @ Bizarre Bushwick (12 Jefferson St) 9pm, FREE, House of Screwball presents an all-new drag extravaganza, RSVP * Training Tips for Rescue Dogs @ Empire of the Dog (415 Grand St) 7pm, FREE, We will discuss typical issues that may arise in newly adopted rescue dogs, More info * Research Your Historic Brooklyn House @ Greenpoint Terminal Warehouse (67 West St, Suite 612) 7pm, $25, Elizabeth and Chelcey will help you navigate the online digitized collections available for your research, More info Continue reading →
Brooklyn Brewery “MASH” is hitting the road it’s 2nd annual trans-Atlantic food and arts festival featuring parties, comedy shows, music, pop-up dinners, a found footage fest, and of course, beer in 12 urban locations. To do this, the Brewery created events in collaboration with artists, entrepreneurs, and community organizations in each city.
So spread the word to your friends in the Chicago, DC, London, Philly, Miami, Stockholm, Pittsburg, Twin Cities, Boston and Austin. Check the dates and details here.
Local documentary production company, Transient Pictures, produced this promo video for the tour, featuring some pretty cool point of view trickery.
Now, when do actual Brooklynites get to reap the benefits? We’re waiting.
Our pals at Brooklyn Brewery just turned 25. And to celebrate, they decided to reflect on the creative power that makes this borough so unique by releasing a fancy Silver Anniversary Lager, with limited edition labels from 4 local artists that brewery co-founder, Scott Hindy, met as he grew Brooklyn Brewery from a start up to a serious craft beer producer. Continue reading →
On Sunday Greenpointers hosted one of my favorite of all the events that we organize, first because it supports my favorite local cause the Greenpoint Food Pantry and Soup Kitchen and secondly because it’s the most chill event we do and I actually get to talk to people and not run around like a lunatic. And we raised over $700! Continue reading →
On Sunday November 17, 2013 from 3-5pm at EAT Greenpoint – weeks before we stuff our faces with turkey for Thanksgiving – we are having our Annual Soup Bowl Fundraiser to raise money for our very own Greenpoint Food Pantry and Soup Kitchen which serves 1000s of hungry Greenpointers on a weekly basis.
It was a wonderful evening at Good Yoga (73 Calyer St) for Sunday Supper #6 with Chef Brenna White of Honey and Fig. The space was perfect for seating and serving such a large supper and the food was perfectly prepared. The cocktails were generously donated and expertly prepared by Brooklyn Gin. Plus we had beer from Brooklyn Brewery!
The supper began with Roasted Carrot Salad with Parsley and Pomegranate Molasses. Continue reading →