WEDNESDAY 5/8 * Let’s Build A Garden For Greenpoint @ Diamond Bar (43 Franklin St) 7-10pm, FREE, Join the 61 Franklin St Garden for a fundraiser to build a community garden, bring donations - including tools, 20% of the bar sales donated, RSVP ♫ YVLTRS / Black Salad / Del Guapo @ Big Snow (89 Varet St) 8pm, $7, RSVP
* Brooklyn Brewery Night @ Barcade (388 Union Ave) Starting at 4pm, Celebrate Brooklyn Brewery’s 25th Birthday with a very special tap lineup, RSVP ♦ Q and Y: A Brief Comedy About Death@ Silent Barn (603 Bushwick Ave) 8pm, $8, Play written and directed by Theresa Buchheister, after/during the show you can drink, get haircuts, buy records, look at art, hang out in the garden, make out in the corner!RSVP ♫ Height / Eze Jackson / Handjob Academy / Zebra Baby @ Death by Audio (49 S.2nd St) 8pm, $7, More Info
♦ Greenpoint Gallery Night @Various Galleries, 6-9pm, FREE, As art fairs bustle away at opposite ends of the East River, over a dozen galleries open their doors, After party 9pm at Coco 66, RSVP, download map HERE ♦ Portals: A Series @ The One Well (165 Greenpoint Ave), 7-10pm, FREE, The One Well & HollyBear present a collection of mixed media works for your viewing pleasure, More Info ☺An Evening of Music & Comedy @ Death by Audio (49 S.2nd St) 8pm, $10, Comedians Chris Gethard & Dave Hill, music by Shellshag / Swearin’ / Black Wine, RSVP ♫ Heaven / Tennis System / Nightmare Air / Dead Leaf Echo @ Union Pool (484 Union) 8pm, $8, RSVP
SATURDAY 5/11 *Greenpoint Earth Day 2013 Festival @ McCarren Park (766 Lorimer St) 11am-5pm, FREE, Recycle your electronic waste, eco-friendly and educational displays, health & wellness tips & demos, arts & crafts, children’s activities, live music, More Info • Vegan Shop Up @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St) Noon-6pm, FREE, Vegan Shop-Up is NYC’s only all vegan pop-up market featuring the best small businesses around, More Info • Public Walk Up Paddling @ Broadway Stages Boatyard (49 Ash St) Noon-4:30pm, FREE, Short Canoe & Kayak paddles in Creek, More Info ♦ 2013 Arts Happening Series: A Guest In The Cavern @ Northside Town Hall (132 Wythe Ave) 6-10pm, FREE, A multi-media installation by Jesse Gelaznik, featuring video art by Rachel Blackwell, Dirty Churches will perform Music for Mirrors, RSVP • 5 Boros Basketball Fundraiser @American Legion 1771 (519 Leonard St) 7-11pm, $30, Great food, Live entertainment and dancing plus raffles! More Info ♫ Twin Sister / Empress Of / RElyse @ Silent Barn (603 Bushwick Ave) 8pm, $10, RSVP ♫ Charlie Nieland / Oh Halo / Hard Plastic Buttons @ Bar Matchless (577 Manhattan Ave) 8pm, $8, RSVP ♥ Collateral Glamage @ Legion (790 Metropolitan) 9-4am, FREE, favorite local bands and dj’s for this monthly all night dance party, rock and roll, cheap drinks! RSVP
SUNDAY 5/12 • Roots 66 @ Coco66 (66 Greenpoint Ave) 4-11pm, DJs Autovac & Subtexture will be spinning Roots, Rockers and Rocksteady, happy hour until 8pm, RSVP • Greenpointers Terrarium Class with Claire @ Diamond Bar (43 Franklin St) 5-7pm, $50, all supplies are provided to make a gorgeous terrarium to take home, plus a Sly Fox beer! Buy Tix ♫Marissa Nadler/Guy Blakeslee/Jozef van Wissem @Saint Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave) 8pm, $12, RSVP
MONDAY 5/13 •Bad Movie Brooklyn presents They Live @ Berry Park (4 Berry St) 8pm, FREE, a fun, totally kickass John Carpenter flick packed with social commentary that’s just as relevant today as it was in 1988, RSVP ☺Broken Comedy @ Bar Matchless (577 Manhattan Ave) 8:30pm, FREE, Tevor Noah / George Gordon / Danny Kallas / Rob O’Reilly, More Info
TUESDAY 5/14 * Bootleg Cinema – The Great Silence w/live set by Morricone Youth @ Brooklyn Rod & Gun (59 Kent Ave) 8pm, One of the best and most unusual spaghetti Westerns ever made accompanied by a live musical performance, RSVP
* Greenpointers’ Pick ♫ Music ♥ Pheremones likely ♦ Art Event ☺ Comedy Event # Foodie Event
♦ I Stay Under Glass @ Picture Farm (338 Wythe Ave) 6-9pm, Photography by Grant Cornett, RSVP ♫ Bad Credit No Credit / Hard Bodies / Bueno / Rohypnotise @ Shea Stadium (20 Meadow St, Bushwick) 8pm, $7, RSVP
* The Audacity of Hops Book Launch Party @ The Brooklyn Brewery (79 North 11th St) 7:30-10:30pm, FREE, Tom Acitelli speaks about the history of Brooklyn Brewery, copies of his book will be on sale. Reservation required, email audacityofhopsbook(at)gmail.com, More Info ♫ Starlight Girls / The Suzan / Dangerous Ponies / Slutever @ Death by Audio (49 S. 2nd St)8pm, $7 RSVP
♥ Beloved Birthday Party @ Beloved (674 Manhattan Ave) 5pm-Late, Drink specials/Fernet-Branca Bicycle raffle/DJ group Kids With Snakes and a makeout corner! More Info ♦ Resurrection @ The Active Space (566 Johnson Ave, Bushwick) Opening Reception 6-10pm, FREE, Artists Katie Bell, Suzanna Goldenberg, Rachel Hayes, JR Larson, Matt Miller, Bridget Mullen, Rosee Tibbles, RSVP ♥ le BUMP: The Revenge @ Over The Eight (594 Union Ave) 10:30pm-Close, FREE, Get sweaty at the newest bar in town with DJs Mister Disco & Brian Blackout, RSVP
• Spring Handmade Cavalcade @ The Space (50 N.3rd St) 10am-5pm, FREE, Featuring over 35 local artisans, designers and crafters, More Info • A Four Roses Kentucky Derby @ Noorman’s Kil (609 Grand St) 2pm, FREE, Listen to the race over the radio, Four Roses Mint Juleps, best dressed contest, RSVP • Kentucky Derby Party @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave) 3-7pm, FREE, 3pm, $6 mint juleps and Derby pie, More Info • Kentucky Derby Day @Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer Street) 3pm, Ladies millinery competition, Bluegrass blue-plate special, More Info • Kentucky Der-B-Q @ Mark Bar (1025 Manhattan Ave) 4pm, Kentucky BBQ
$6 Mint Juleps, RSVP ♦ Nurturing Nature Art Exhibit @ The ceeflat (988 Manhattan Ave) 4-10pm, Nature-Inspired pieces by Carla E. Reyes and Ian Montgomery, musical performances from The Devyl Nellys / Mission On Mars / Ghandi, RSVP ♦ Significant Matters @ Projekt722 (722 Metropolitan Ave, 2nd Fl) Opening Reception 6-9pm, FREE, artwork by Nobutaka Aozaki, Miwa Koizumi, Kenichi Nakajima, Andrew Zarou, More Info ♫ Phebe Starr / Clementine & The Galaxy / Bob and Martha @ Paper Box (17 Meadow St, Bushwick) 6-9pm, $12, RSVP ♫ East Bank Music Series @ The Episcopal Church of the Ascension (127 Kent Ave St) 8pm, $10 suggested, Performers from Manhattan School of Music’s put on an evening of contemporary classical music, More Info
SUNDAY 5/5 (Cinco De Mayo)
* Fading Ads of Greenpoint Walking Tour @ All Over Greenpoint, 11:30am, FREE, Join Preservation Greenpoint and photographer Frank Jump on a walking tour of the fading ads of Greenpoint, RSVP for meeting location, More Info ♦ A Lot of Sorrow featuring The National @ MoMA PS1 (22-25 Jackson Ave, LIC) Noon-6pm, $15 , Artist Ragnar Kjartansson sought out The National, to perform their song, Sorrow, repeatedly in a six-hour live loop for this performance, More Info • Cinco De Mayo @ One Stop Beer Shop (134 Kingsland Ave) Noon-2am, FREE, Complimentary Teacate & Dos Equis, prizes, RSVP • Cinco De Mayo Brunch@ Sindicato De Cocineros (57A Nassau Ave) 12-4pm, $1 fish taco, $5 tecate & shot, $6 margaritas, first come first serve • Cinco De Mayo @ Habitat (988 Manhattan Ave) Noon-11pm, Three Amigos playing on the big screen all day plus drink specials, More Info ♦ Works Cited, reprised@ Cleopatra’s (110 Meserole St) 3pm, curated by Olivian Chan, a set of reflections, deflections and thoughtful quotations linked through a shared involvement in a series of displays and programs at the Los Angeles Public Library, RSVP # Greenpointers “Cinco De Mayo” Sunday Supper #5 @ Beloved (674 Manhattan Ave) 7pm-9pm, $4o, special “Cinco De Mayo” Greenmarket inspired menu created by Chef Heather Cahill of Farm to Fridge, More Info ☺Run from the Police Comedy@ Muchmore’s (2 Havenmeyer St) 8:30-11pm, FREE ♫ Body Language / Pegasus Warning /#1 Kid @ Glasslands (289 Kent Ave) 8:30pm, $12, RSVP
MONDAY 5/6 * Greenpoint Landing Public Meeting @ McCarren Park Recreational Center (776 Lorimer St) 6:30pm, learn about Greenpoint Landing, 77 Commercial St, Newtown Barge and Box Street Parks
TUESDAY 5/7 *S.A.S.S. Presents: Historical Figures who Said “Fuck it.” @ Public Assembly (70 N.6th St) 7pm, FREE, lecture covers military leaders who gave up when the going got rough / abandoned construction projects / ladies who decided they just had enough, RSVP ☺The Trap-Variety Show @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St) 8pm, FREE, Dan St. Germain / Jamie Lee / Will Hines / Natalie Shure / Hand Job Academy, RSVP
* Greenpointers’ Pick ♫ Music ♥ Pheremones likely ♦ Art Event ☺ Comedy Event # Foodie Event
WEDNESDAY 3/20 ♦Performance and Prose @Word (126 Franklin St) 7pm, FREE, a night of storytelling, reading, and poetry, Writer Mike Albo, poet Boni Joi, author Reverend Jen, and poet Ronna Lebo will each perform, followed by a Q&A and signing, RSVP ♫Huck Unplugged @Huckleberry Bar (588 Grand St) 8pm, FREE, lineup of live, acoustic music: Sammy Gallo/Forrest Hudes/Wayward Daughter, RSVP ☺Heavy Metal Laser Place Comedy Show @Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Ave) 8pm, FREE, Hosted by Tom Cowell and John Anderson/Michael Che/Amber Nelson/Brad Austin, RSVP ☺Big Terrific Comedy Show @Cameo Gallery (93 N6th St) 8pm, FREE, Claudia Cogan/Michael Che/Emily Heller and more, RSVP *Local X Local w/ Beach Fossils @Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave) 8pm, FREE, Celebrating the best in locally brewed music, arts, media and 25 years of Brooklyn Brewery! RSVP ♫Ed Schrader’s Music Beat/Body Parts/Yvette @Silent Barn (603 Bushwick Ave) 8pm, $7, RSVP
THURSDAY 3/21 ♫Backwords/The Meaning of Life/Cold Warps/Hippy/Dead Young Friends @The Grand Victory (245 Grand St) 7pm, $8 More Info ☺Tom Shillue’s Funny Story @The Brooklyn Brewery (79 North 11th St) 8pm, $10, The premise is simple: Comedian Tom Shillue and guests tell their best true stories, you drink Brooklyn beer and enjoy the show, Eugene Mirman/Nick Tuner/Abby Sher/Mishka Shubaly/Joel Weidl, RSVP ♥70′s Disco @The Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave) 8pm, FREE, Get down and boogie, drink specials and prizes for best 70′s get up! More Info •Cool Runnings @Videology (308 Bedford Ave) 8:30pm, FREE, The true story of the first Jamaican Olympic bobsled team, throwback jamz by Living Single (Sista/Sista) after the screening, More Info *Bad Credit No Credit/Disposable Rocket Band/Toys and Tiny Instruments/Handjob Academy @Death By Audio (49 S 2nd St) 8pm, $7, RSVP ♫We Are The Wilderness/Teen Girl Scientist Monthly/Jackpot/Tiger/Pool @Cameo Art (93 N. 6th St) 8pm, $7, RSVP ♫Input:Bok Bok/Kingdom/L-Vis 1990/Girlunit/Mike Q/Rizzla/Kelela @Output (74 Wythe Ave) 10pm, $15, RSVP
FRIDAY 3/22 •Barrier Brewing Night @Eastern District (1053 Manhattan Ave) 6-8pm, FREE, Long Beach’s Barrier Brewing is back up and running after a post-Sandy rebuilding, taste a wide selection of Barrier’s fantastic beers for free! RSVP ♦Rocking on Empty @Fowler Arts Collective (67 West Street, Unit 216) Opening Reception 7-9pm, FREE, Artist Hyun Jung Cho appropriates and repurposes found objects and everyday cultural ephemera such as tires, guitar picks, and chains and assigns them new, idiosyncratic meanings, More Info ♦Fugue State @Janet Kurnatowsk Gallery (205 Norman Ave) 7-9pm, FREE, Artist Ben La Rocco’s panoramic paintings reveal the possibility of a visual space-time continuum, More Info ♫Bueno/Zula/Celestial Shore/Baked/Ovlov @Big Snow (89 Varet St, Bushwick) 8pm, More Info ♫Behold…the Arctopus/Helen Money @Saint Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave) 8pm, $10, RSVP
SATURDAY 3/23 * Esben And The Witch/Heliotropes @Knitting Factory (361 Metropolitan Ave) 8pm, $12, More Info ♫Hundred Waters/Salt Cathedral @Glasslands (289 Kent Ave) 8:30pm, $10, RSVP
SUNDAY 3/24 *Massive Record Sale @Huckleberry Bar (588 Grand St) 1pm, FREE, Flip through thousands of LP’s, EP’s, CD’s, 45′s, 12″ & 7″, listening station so you can try before you buy and drink specials, RSVP •The Double Boiler! Sweat-lodge & Crayfish boil @The Diamond Bar (43 Franklin Ave) 3pm, Sweat-lodge, plunge-pool, and shaman–you just bring your bathing suit and your sinful self plus a genuine Crawfish Boil for those who like their schvitz a bit fishy! RSVP •Straw Bale Gardening Workshop @Bushwick Fireproof (119 Ingraham St, Bushwick) 1-3pm, $35, step-by-step on what one needs to get started with a Straw Bale Garden, local resources for Straw Bales will be shared, and a limited number of bales will be available for purchase at each workshop, More Info
MONDAY 3/25 ☺Broken Comedy @Matchless (557 Manhattan Ave) 8:30pm, FREE, Chris Distefano/Phil Hanley/Andrew Schulz and Mike Cannon, Hosted by Nimesh Patel/Michael Che and Mike Denny, More Info ♫Man in Room @Manhattan Inn (632 Manhattan Ave) 10pm, FREE, influenced by artists ranging from Aphex Twin to Arvo Part to Tim Hecker—performs electronic music embracing both the abrasive and the delicate, More Info
TUESDAY 3/26 * The Masters of Social Gastronomy: Do Drugs @Public Assembly (70 N6th St) 7-9pm, FREE, monthly free lecture on the history and science behind some of your favorite foods, This month: cooking with illicit substances dating back to the Victorian ages, RSVP
* Greenpointers’ Pick ♫ Music ♥ Pheremones likely ♦ Art Event ☺ Comedy Event
In collaboration with Amazon Publishing and Brokelyn, Krrb will host the first ever Show & Tell (and Trade), hosted by Dan Kennedy of The Moth, in celebration of the author, Benjamin Anastas’ new book “Too Good to Be True”. Anastas will also do a reading and trade a signed copy. And if that’s not enough, they’ll have beer lovingly provided by the Brooklyn Brewery and Southern deliciousness from The Fat Beagle.
And if you’d like to tell a story, email jessica[at]krrb[dot]com.
Show & Tell (and Trade) @ Krrb HQ
Tonight, Thursday, November 15th, 7pm
99 Richardson Street, 2nd Floor
Brooklyn, New York 11211
More about Krrb:
Krrb is a hyper-local marketplace. It brings together the best of Etsy and Craigslist while cutting out the clutter, the scammers, and the spammers.
It’s easy to use. It’s beautifully designed. And it’s highly visual interface is perfect for selling your secondhand, handmade and locally-made products. They are also the folks behind the Classifieds of the premiere home and design site, Apartment Therapy.
Check them out at Krrb.com. You just might fall in love.
ABOUT THE BEER There Will Be Black has a core of black bread and dark chocolate, wrapped in a bright coat of orangey, minty hops. This beer knows the night. This beer will be awesome with your burger, revelatory with your chicken molé, and intends to marry your lamb vindaloo. We think you’ll approve.
MALTS AND GRAINS British pale, lager, crystal and chocolate malt, American black barley, German black malt
American Willamette and Sorachi Ace, New Zealand Pacific Gem and Motueka
YEAST Our House Ale Yeast O.G. 17.2° Plato ABV 7.5%
This Beer & Pork Dinner will feature beers from Brooklyn Brewery and pork from Fleischer’s all presented in Anella’s garden for one seating on August 2nd at $75 per person not including tax & gratuities. Brooklyn Brewery’s post states $96 including tax and gratuities.