While getting some to-go lunch at Radish (158 Bedford Ave.), I spotted a jar of Spiced Beer Jelly from Anarchy in a Jar. I’d never heard of such a thing, but the first ingredient on the label was Six Craft Ales, along with local apples, sugar, lemon juice, black cardamom, indonesian cinnamon, grains of paradise and all natural pectin. I gave it a go with some crusty bread and bleu cheese. This might be one of my new favorite jarred goodies, right up next to Bacon Marmalade. It is nicely spiced, apples are the prevalent flavor, and it is not too sweet or overly zesty. On cheese it is complimentary like a fig jam would be, but much more subtle in flavor. As for the beer, there isn’t a strong beer flavor, but it’s damn good.
- This Greenpoint Barber Defies His Tourette’s in the Name of Great Hair
- Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving, Giving Thanks Dance Party – What’s happening, Greenpoint? (11/25–12/01
- Winter Wonderland & Snow Sprites, Mulled Hungarian Wine, Craft Beer, Henna Tattoos, Tarot Cards, The Roving Typist, 60+ Vendors, and more!! Holiday Market (12/6)
- A Lazy Greenpointer’s Guide to an Easy Thanksgiving at Five Local Spots
- Spread The Love All Weekend Long, It’s The Brooklyn Way!