#sandy is gone; Greenpoint cleans-up / halloween / volunteer info (updates)
“What a weather!” as my Nonna would say. Greenpoint, we are moving forward and cleaning up. It’s great to see businesses opening and Greenpointers walking around safely.
The Mayor has been doing an impossibly awesome job.
During his last press briefing he said in regards to turning down Obama’s offer to visit NYC: “We’ve got a lot to do…I’m not trying to diss ‘em or anything.”
Bloomberg says to enjoy Halloween! Trick or Treat away!
For laughs visit @ElBloombito – parody twitter of the mayor’s Spanglish
Our Toxic Codependent Halloween Dance Party is ON! Tomorrow 10/31, 9pm at Greenpoint Heights (278 Nassau Ave) – Let’s give Sandy a proper farewell party!
Updates (via @NYCMayorsOffice)
- 18 dead citywide
- zone a remains evacuated until dept. of buildings can do inspections
- want to volunteer? Facebook.com/nycservices
- for assistance visit disasterassistance.gov
- partial bus service has been restored
- alternate side / meters suspended tomorrow
- MTA has not timetable for restoring service
- cops will have portable lights for streets without power
- ENJOY HALLOWEEN! Be smart. (No parades)
- marathon still on for Sunday 11/5
- parks are closed!
Be safe Greenpoint! And continue being awesome!